Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kris

changing material mid print

Hi

I tried the new pause/ change material option on the UM2 in an attempt to print a two colored model.

Pausing with the current plug in and changing material went fine.

But trouble is that after changing material the UM2 will retract the new material about 5mm and continue printing with nothing, until the material reaches the nozzle again.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

Kris

Used to be ok, but now its back again with 15.04.02:

After changing material mid print (pause function) the material retracts 5mm and the machine prints with nothing.

The issue was fixed with 15.02.02. Can you fix this?

You can check to see if it's already a known issue for 15.04.2 on the github, or open an issue if it's not. The Cura github is here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura

You can also just re-install a previous version if you prefer it. You can have multiple versions of Cura installed on one pc without any issue.