Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tyscof

New UM2 random under extrusion problem

OK so I recently got my UM2 and have been trying to get some really great prints, unfortunately that has really just not been happening :,(

So my main problem is that of under extrusion, It will just randomly under extrude for some parts of my prints like IMG 0643

and these little artifacts that hang off the sides

IMG 0648

I print pla at 220 at .1 mm at 60mm/s also tried 210 and 226 same results.

The tension is at the lowest setting and the back is clean, no filament fillings filling it up.

I tried printing the part that was under extruding (the bars) and this is how they came out:

IMG 0658

Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried printing out a marvin and got a pretty rough result

image1

I printed him at 205c and he looked a little better(less melted) but part of his foot was under extruded and he still wasnt that great.

I have done the atomic method a few times so I don't think it's a blockage.

My bed is pretty much perfect, never had a problem with adhesion and everything seems to be very flat. I reprinted Marvin at 50% speed, had a lot of trouble bridging this slow you can see it in the hole on the top, printed around 205c.

I use the filament that came with the um2, tried temps from 205 to 230, all give random under extrusion or other problems.

IMG 0660