Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
tyscof

New UM2 random under extrusion problem

OK so I recently got my UM2 and have been trying to get some really great prints, unfortunately that has really just not been happening :,(

So my main problem is that of under extrusion, It will just randomly under extrude for some parts of my prints like IMG 0643

and these little artifacts that hang off the sides

IMG 0648

I print pla at 220 at .1 mm at 60mm/s also tried 210 and 226 same results.

The tension is at the lowest setting and the back is clean, no filament fillings filling it up.

I tried printing the part that was under extruding (the bars) and this is how they came out:

IMG 0658

Any help would be appreciated.

I also tried printing out a marvin and got a pretty rough result

image1

I printed him at 205c and he looked a little better(less melted) but part of his foot was under extruded and he still wasnt that great.

I have done the atomic method a few times so I don't think it's a blockage.

My bed is pretty much perfect, never had a problem with adhesion and everything seems to be very flat. I reprinted Marvin at 50% speed, had a lot of trouble bridging this slow you can see it in the hole on the top, printed around 205c.

I use the filament that came with the um2, tried temps from 205 to 230, all give random under extrusion or other problems.

IMG 0660

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta
      Ultimaker Cura 3.6 | Beta is available. It comes with new features, bug fixes, and UX improvements. We would really like to have your feedback on it to make our stable release as good as it can be. As always, you can download the beta for free from our website, for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
      • 95 replies
    • Print Core CC | Red for Ruby
      Q: For some users, abrasive materials may be a new subject matter. Can you explain what it is that makes a material abrasive when you are not sure which print core to use?
      A: Materials which are hard in a solid piece (like metals, ceramics and carbon fibers) will generally also wear down the nozzle. In general one should assume...
      • 30 replies
    • "Back To The Future" using Generative Design & Investment Casting
      Designing for light-weight parts is becoming more important, and I’m a firm believer in the need to produce lighter weight, less over-engineered parts for the future. This is for sustainability reasons because we need to be using less raw materials and, in things like transportation, it impacts the energy usage of the product during it’s service life.
      • 12 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!