Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
adksigns

Im looking for someone to print a test part

Getting someone else to print something isn't a very good way of evaluating the performance of any particular printer!

By supplying someone with, or downloading a file, leaves the printer operator very limited on how he can position/print for the best results! For instance, your part has large hollows where the finish is going to be poor, to not too good!, If you were printing this yourself, you could for example, print it in two parts and glue together afterwards, which would make a very clean part. plus many other tricks

There are people with the form1 also on 3dhubs. The prices on 3dhubs are quite good and you often get someone local so you can actually go pick up the part and chat with the person about how they like their printer. The UMO has basically identical quality so if there is no one in the area with UM2 consider UMO.

Your part will print fine as shown - the biggest issue is the 45 degree overhang underneath the part. The top is fine as UM printers are very good at bridging a gap (when it starts printing that flat ceiling it just bridges across from the center and outer rings).

The 45 degree overhang will have some ugliness - bumps and such but it will be minor. If that surface needs to be dimensionally accurate then you will have trouble fitting it in proper position.

Personally I would print it as shown. No support added.

I didn't say it can't be done! it depends on what precision of finish you are seeking! For me it isn't a contest of how complicated you can make a part in one printing session! Bridging hollows leave non precision surfaces! For prototyping, I am happier with printing these areas slightly over/under size and post machining to wanted tolerance, but guess that everyone has different aims with these machines regardless of make and model.