Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Is there a way to 'measure' in CURA

I am pretty sure I know the answer is no.. But someone might have some tips which might help me.

Say I have a part.. And I want to use the 'scale' feature to make it a given size.. Is there anything available to help me.

Obviously if its a cube, I could look at the 'size' you see when using Scale.. But in this case I need to scale it so that a 'hole' is the right size.

Sometimes I use the grid on the floor to get a feel, after all, the grid squares are 10x10mm.. But what about when this is not possible.

Is there any way in CURA to scale something to roughly (say within 5%) get it to a known size?

Jon

• Like 1

I think I have worked out a way to do it..

I have drawn a cube and loaded it into CURA.. This allows me to scale it to an exact size.

Then I load the object that I want to print at a certain size, and can drag the 'cube' about a reference point to get the size i want.

So in my case, I have an object with a hole in it that I want to print at 28mm.. So Load the cube, scale it to 28mm.. The load the final object and scale it up/down until i get the cube to fit exactly in the hole.. Then I know it will be 28mm when it prints...

I hope this tip helps someone else.

Jon