Is there a way to 'measure' in CURA

jweaver

Posted · Is there a way to 'measure' in CURA

I am pretty sure I know the answer is no.. But someone might have some tips which might help me.

Say I have a part.. And I want to use the 'scale' feature to make it a given size.. Is there anything available to help me.

Obviously if its a cube, I could look at the 'size' you see when using Scale.. But in this case I need to scale it so that a 'hole' is the right size.

Sometimes I use the grid on the floor to get a feel, after all, the grid squares are 10x10mm.. But what about when this is not possible.

Is there any way in CURA to scale something to roughly (say within 5%) get it to a known size?

Jon

• Like 1

You might replace the graphic file with the checkboard design with a design of your own which allows for more precise estimation. One square of the checkboard corresponds to 1cm2.

• Like 1

I think I have worked out a way to do it..

I have drawn a cube and loaded it into CURA.. This allows me to scale it to an exact size.

Then I load the object that I want to print at a certain size, and can drag the 'cube' about a reference point to get the size i want.

So in my case, I have an object with a hole in it that I want to print at 28mm.. So Load the cube, scale it to 28mm.. The load the final object and scale it up/down until i get the cube to fit exactly in the hole.. Then I know it will be 28mm when it prints...

I hope this tip helps someone else.

Jon

• 7 years later...

I had searched the web for a ruler tool or something that I could use to measure how tall the model was and I stumbled on this post. Then I learned that if you click the model and go to scale it will give you the dimensions of X, Y and Z.  X was the blue bar/arrow pointing up so my Gengar was 175.01mm tall. 

So if I understand this correctly, if you click on the scale button after your model is selected it's dimensions are displayed in mm. 

The post you stumbled upon is quite old. A plugin named "Measure Tool" is available in the Marketplace, which adds a tool that will let you measure the distance between two points.