Buying a UM2

Posted · Buying a UM2

Hello I am interested in buying a UM2.

Im very confused about the purchasing process.

If I buy a UM2 at the ultimaker store will i recieve an UM2 from the US warehouses or the EU warehouses? (I live in the US) Also im not sure why it costs $2500 when the conversion is €1.895,00 = $2,050 plus tax will com out to around $2250 not $2500.

With that said, is there a difference buying from the ultimaker store vs Dynamsim / Maker store?

Posted · Buying a UM2

I've been trying to get clarification on this for 2+ weeks from Ultimaker. I've sent several e-mails and support tickets but no one ever responds. I'd also like to know how much shipping to Los Angeles, California, USA would be since I can't tell where the printer would ship from and when.

It seems like it shouldn't be this difficult to purchase a $2000+ item.

Posted · Buying a UM2

I've been trying to get clarification on this for 2+ weeks from Ultimaker. I've sent several e-mails and support tickets but no one ever responds. I'd also like to know how much shipping to Los Angeles, California, USA would be since I can't tell where the printer would ship from and when.

It seems like it shouldn't be this difficult to purchase a $2000+ item.

LOL im shipping to same city :p

but yea. im confused what the added fees are.

Posted · Buying a UM2

Printers ordered through resellers in the US are pretty much all assembled in the USA. Printers ordered directly from Ultimaker.com for delivery to the US may ship from Europe or Memphis, TN, depending on where there is available stock at the time.

If you order from Ultimaker.com, shipping cost is the same regardless of where they ship it from - 37 euros, I think.

And whether you order direct or through a reseller, warranty support is available from fbrc8 in the US, in addition to any support offered by the reseller (if you go that route).

As to pricing decisions, that's ultimately up to the resellers, but bear in mind it's all a bit more complicated than the headline exchange rates might suggest. On the one hand, the resellers are making large commitments a long time ahead (at a time when exchange rates have been changing a lot). On the other hand, if you order from Europe, you will likely get a much less favorable exchange rate from your bank than you expected, and also possibly have to pay a foreign transaction fee, as well as possibly dealing with paperwork and holdup to clear the printer through customs.

Posted · Buying a UM2

illuminarti, thank you for your response. Money is surely an issue but my bigger concern is the lack of response from Ultimaker. I'm used the American way of being ignored after someone takes my money. This before the sale neglect is a bit confusing.

Posted · Buying a UM2

I don't know how swamped support is at the moment, but if how bad it was a while ago is any indication, there was more work than we could hire people (and yes, we are hiring more people, but it's those people need to get experience, etc first)

Posted · Buying a UM2

I don't know how swamped support is at the moment, but if how bad it was a while ago is any indication, there was more work than we could hire people (and yes, we are hiring more people, but it's those people need to get experience, etc first)

Does that mean UM hires people which are unexperienced in support for doing support? That would explain a lot... :O

But response times got shorter recently... B)

Posted · Buying a UM2

Not that i'm aware of, but even someone with experience in support needs to learn the system that UM uses, etc etc.

Posted · Buying a UM2

While it's not hard to find people with a technical support background, finding people with a 3D printing technical support background is just about impossible - so it's difficult to staff up quickly and effectively - there's pretty much always going to be a learning curve.