only vertical strings in infill

Posted · only vertical strings in infill

Hi Guys,

I got an ultimaker 2 and have some problems printing out objects. Maybe somebody could help me, I got some problems with infill.

The infill doesnt look like it should. Its only vertical lines (but they are printed clearly) instead of a mesh

This is a picture how the infill should look (cura)

should_look.jpg

Here is a screenshot how it looks when printing:

2015-03-2022.20.32.jpg

This problem occurs in lots of prints.

Im using Cura 15.02.1 (Printer firmware 14.x)

printing at 2mm³/sec - pla 210 degrees about 50mm/sec

Infill 25 % same speed as rest of the print

The outside object surface is very good

I cannot find anything on the internet about this problem. (The other premade models from SD-Card print its infill correctly ) It occurs on lots of objects i want to print with Cura

Try lowering infill to 24% or lower. The pattern changes when you go over 24%. Go into layer view and look at the infill at an angle while zoomed in, then step through the layers. You'll see what I mean when you go back and forth between 24% and 25%.

Thank you for this quick answear.

I notice, that the grid is going from 24 to 25 % much closer together. 24 % got a much bigger mesh.

I will try it with my next print and tell if it worked.

It's not just the size of the grid, it's how it's being laid down. Under 24% both directions are laid down at the same layer. Over 24% and only one direction is laid down on each layer. So on layer n you get lines going up and to the right, on layer n+1 you get lines going up and to the left, rinse repeat.

If it aint broke, don't fix it? If the firmware is working well for your needs there is no reason to update the firmware. Especially since we've seen bugs creep into the firmware quite often lately.

24 % infill solved the problem.

Thank you very much :)

the firmware ... i never touch a running system