Overall speed setting in Cura?

3dnerd

Posted · Overall speed setting in Cura?

Hi,

on the UM2 LCD panel there is a very useful function to change the print speed percent wise. So I can change the speed during printing from e.g. 100% to 80% or even from 100% to 115%. This reduces all speeds simultanously (first layer speed, infill speed, bottom/top leyer speed, inner perimter speed, outer perimeter speed, etc.) simulatnoulsy. This is very convenient since I don't have to change each speed one by one.

Is there something similar available in Cura?

When I want to test a new profile I created in Cura then on the printer I change the speed to get a better result depending on what I see when watching the printer.

Then I realize e.g. slowing down the speed to e.g. 80% leads into a better print result.

Now back in Cura I want to reduce the speed also to 80%. But in Cura I have to calculate 80% one by one for each speed.

Is there any feature I can set 80% only one time for all speeds?

Thanks...

But if you want to change the print speed go advanced and fine tune each speed (infill, outlines, etc)

You still can use TweakAtZ for that purpose (since V4.0).

If it is really important for you at various times then Slic3r lets you set the various speeds as %s of the prime print speed. You just need to then reduce the prime print speed by 20% or whatever and they will all reduce by 20%

You still can use TweakAtZ for that purpose (since V4.0).

:O really? I must update right now! Ty

Just use Cura 15.02.1... ;)