Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
mdavisgtm

Printer stops working if fan speed is too high

Hay guys I was wondering if you could help me out with a error that I am getting. It seems that whenever the side fans turn on usually about the third layer or so the printer will stop and I get a error that says - ERROR - STOPPED Heater error. Ive tried it with the fans at 50% and it works but I would like to be able to bring the fans up to 100% if I need to. the weird thing is that I have already done many previous prints before with no trouble,it just started happening one day. I recently did update to Cura 15.02.1 but that was a little while ago and have done several successful prints since the update. Also I do have the Zetoff fan shroud but I have had that for a long time too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

During one of the previous cura updates, a safety feature was implemented where, if the element would heat but not reach the desired temp by a certain time then this error would come up.

If you have a fan shroud that has a open bottom then the air reflects off the glass and cools the heater block. It then can take to long for the heater block to fight against the cooling air and get back to the desired temp.

1 reason why you might only be experiencing this issue now and not before maybe the item you are printing might make the air reflect up more then other prints. I dunno

So To solve it you can Check the temp sensor and element is fastened securely into the heater block or increase the height the fans come on full, Say 1 - 2mm. this way the fans come on more slowly and the heater block has more chance to fight the cooling air.

Or you need to enclose the bottom of the Fan Shroud.