lordarchiebald

Support structure not appearing in Cura

Posted · Support structure not appearing in Cura

Hi

I did a 3hr print and was all good apart from a large area of mouth had no support structure and as such failed.

I looked in cura and it identifies the area as an overhang but does not provide support when writing its gcode.

Any ideas appreciated

Glenn

And always check layer view before printing to check if you get what you want before wasting material..

+1 for layer view, always have a look through all the print before actually printing, you can avoid 90% of problems by doing this.

Also for support MeshMixer works pretty good.

With Cura, you can customise the parameters (angles etc...) and check how it looks in layer view. I recommend line support they work better than grid

I have tried this as well but the layer preview never shows any of the supports.  Verified that the setting is checked, go through layer preview, no supports show.

To resolve this I had to "Expert" file menu and open expert settings.. I adjusted the value for "Overhang angle for support (deg)." My default was 75.

Changed to 15 just to see if it would show supports and now it is showing them as I would expect.