Support structure not appearing in Cura

lordarchiebald

Posted · Support structure not appearing in Cura

Hi

I did a 3hr print and was all good apart from a large area of mouth had no support structure and as such failed.

I looked in cura and it identifies the area as an overhang but does not provide support when writing its gcode.

Any ideas appreciated

Glenn

+1 for layer view, always have a look through all the print before actually printing, you can avoid 90% of problems by doing this.

Also for support MeshMixer works pretty good.

With Cura, you can customise the parameters (angles etc...) and check how it looks in layer view. I recommend line support they work better than grid

I have tried this as well but the layer preview never shows any of the supports.  Verified that the setting is checked, go through layer preview, no supports show.

To resolve this I had to "Expert" file menu and open expert settings.. I adjusted the value for "Overhang angle for support (deg)." My default was 75.

Changed to 15 just to see if it would show supports and now it is showing them as I would expect.

Try disabling "Conical Support"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies