Idea for a future version of CURA

Posted · Idea for a future version of CURA

Hi !

I use an Ultimaker Original for almost two years now. (and I'm still so happy with it !!!)

There is an option I really would like to see in Cura but unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to code it myself.

That option would allow user to set an alarm up at a certain Z axis position (or a number of layers).

In some case, you need to check something during the print at a certain time. Until now, I always set up an alarm on my smartphone that reminds me I have to go and check the print but it's based on calculation not really precise. If I could set an alarm in cura when I prepare my slicing (for example in the layers view) and the controller buzz at that exact Z position or layer number, it would be really great.

Maybe some plugin already exist ?

Anyway, If you have any other idea related or if you feel like this option should be included, please let me know.

Regards

Loyc

Pause at height does something with certain layers.

Yes, it pauses... ;)

I'll consider the idea for the TweakAtZ plugin which will probably survive the change to the Cura Pink Unicorn version.

• 11 months later...

Pause at height does something with certain layers.

Yes, it pauses... ;)

I'll consider the idea for the TweakAtZ plugin which will probably survive the change to the Cura Pink Unicorn version.

Hi.

A year already passed and I still didn't found any solution to my problem. I still set an alarm on a smartphone based on the time I calculate and this alarm reminds me to check my print but it's still not precise. Did anyone knows about a solution ? A plugin ? A code ? Anything ?

So you didn't learn Python during that year? ;)

Writing a script for the new Cura/Postprocessing plugin requires some skills but nothing impossible to learn. And the Postprocessing plugin is the way to go for your demand I think.

So you didn't learn Python during that year? ;)

Writing a script for the new Cura/Postprocessing plugin requires some skills but nothing impossible to learn. And the Postprocessing plugin is the way to go for your demand I think.

Thank you for the head's up ! I know what I have to do now ;-)