nallath

Posted (edited) · 15.06.02

In this version I seem to be unable to change my Machine settings. I cannot enable the settings for Spiralise or Wire Printing, nor can I enable the Bed Temperature setting for my upgraded UMO. In 15.06.01 I could at least enable these settings. Enabling the settings in 02 simply doesn't add the option to the interface. Many setting toggles are also disabled now.

Update: After I enabled said options in the machine settings in .01, the settings carried over to .02. Most of the settings that were disabled are now enabled. But changing the machine settings in .02 still has no effect.

/Update

When installed in the Program Files (x86) folder, Cura can not write to Cura.log (unless Cura is started in elevated mode). So when a Python error occurs, it is impossible to figure out what went wrong. Is there any way this file could be created at some other location? (Somewhere in AppData, or in the .cura folder in the profile folder which legacy Cura used)

Edited by Guest
update

Tried it, installed ok, loaded an STL, cura crashed withing seconds.... and it's not creating the cura.log file... Just to be sure checked the stl in old cura, no problem.

Windows 7 desktop, I7 + Geforce GTX760

cura crashed withing seconds.... and it's not creating the cura.log file...

Yeah, unfortunately Cura tries to write the cura.log crash report file to the folder it is run from, and normal programs are not allowed to write to Program Files directories. If you copy/move the whole Cura_15.06.02 folder to a location outside Program Files, it will at least be able to write cura.log and you can see/tell what actually crashed (the next time it crashes).

What happened to the ability to alter the start and stop gcode? It is kind of necessary if you are using a custom extruder and need to change the initial extrude or retract settings. Also, on some prints I prefer the printer to not cool everything down right away and with my current print head, I find it necessary to add an extra pause for the head to fully come up to temperature.

Edit: I found what appears to be the start and stop g-code in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cura_15.06.01\resources\settings" in the *.json files; however, when I created a printer with a custom name, it didn't create a new file in this folder, so it seems like this might not be the file to edit. Is there another folder somewhere with the stored settings?

Edited by Guest

Bug? Is the fan speed supposed to go up and down every few layers?

Edit Nevermind: I had just inverted the fan min/max speed settings. Woops.

Edited by Guest

in the *.json files; however, when I created a printer with a custom name, it didn't create a new file in this folder, so it seems like this might not be the file to edit. Is there another folder somewhere with the stored settings?

If you add another json file (text editior), with a new name, and a new printer name in the file, you'll be able to choose that printer (thus that json file) when adding a new printer in cura

• Like 1

In this version I seem to be unable to change my Machine settings... Enabling the settings in 02 simply doesn't add the option to the interface.

Same.

Time to maximum fan speed would be nice. I feel like the ramp rate for fan speed on a lot of my prints are due to how quickly the hot end can adjust to the increased airflow/cooling. This seems more layer than time dependent.

Also, being able to set the minimum percentage for the fan to start spinning would be helpful.

Edited by Guest

Time to maximum fan speed would be nice. I feel like the ramp rate for fan speed on a lot of my prints are due to how quickly the hot end can adjust to the increased airflow/cooling. This seems more layer than time dependent.

Indeed, when setting based on layers (as I do in S3D) you can get a temp error when the fans get on to fast, I once had this with a small and fast spiralize print..

Also, being able to set the minimum percentage for the fan to start spinning would be helpful.

Simplify3D has the option to give a short '100% pulse' to get the fans going, think this works well

Simplify3D has the option to give a short '100% pulse' to get the fans going, think this works well

That could help, but some fans simply don't run below a certain threshold.

Hi, I've just purchased an ultimaker 2. Downloaded Cura for osx but i keep getting Cura Error whenever i try and open the software. I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and downloaded the latest Cura software this morning. Any clues?

Made a hardware work around for the low initial voltage problem for my crossflow fan.

Now I am wishing that I could set a custom fan ramp curve, as the crossflow fan airflow is a lot more focused during the first few millimeters (when the platform is there to contain the airflow.