I want auto scaling turned off.

m2tts

Posted · I want auto scaling turned off.

I have just noticed for the first time that if you put a part on the bed in Cura 15.06, if the part is too large, the part is automatically scaled to fit the bed. You get no indication that this has happened, and checking the scale box shows that it is currently scaled at 100%. The scale tool should at least show you how much the object was scaled to get it to fit. I really want to turn this auto scaling off as it is inherently dangerous. You may have a part that would just fit on the platform, but would not know that it had been scaled to fit there. Not good when you are creating parts that have to mate with others.

Is there some way to turn this auto scaling off?

Thanks in advance.

Most annoying thing about cura for me!

I never know if it's scaled or not and I always need the correct dimensions!

At least a short message "Your object has been scaled" would help. Or an option to turn fit to build plate off.

My UM2 Ext. is atm just a waste of filament, energy and time...

Beta has both features. It will display a message and you can disable it in preferences.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Not working though, cause not able to save settings...

Yeah a bug popped up there. Working on fixing it.

• Like 1

Fixed it for next release. Thanks for reporting it.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks!

This is very annoying. I just wasted 30m of filament because of this feature. Is there an update to fix this problem? or anyone found out a way to turn it off?

15.09.xx> (which is in beta now, you can find it on http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/15.10/) shows a message when auto scaling is performed and you can disable it in the preferences.

awesome thank you!

Bah! I didn't realize this either. Printing a large sword and the hilt was resized. Last piece and largest piece. 24 hr print later, it's smaller than every other part. So annoying. Thanks for getting a fix in there quick though.