What's the highest resolution the UMO can do?

LePaul

Posted · What's the highest resolution the UMO can do?

The spec says 0.02 but I'm yet to see any decent prints done at that even on UM2. I have printed heaps at 0.04 and 0.06 which are a lot easier to get good results. For um2 anyway.

Posted (edited) · What's the highest resolution the UMO can do?

I printed a few items at 0.02 when I first got my UMO and didn't know what I was doing. It worked fine but is unnecessary and too time consuming.

Edited by Guest

in the line of what @xisle says... Why do you want to know? A lot of people getting into 3d printing mistake this often referred z-axis-resolution for the much more elusive concept of a " good/fine quality print"... Really, a ton of factors go into that, and my personal belief is that you really don't need anything below the 0.06 - 0.1 mm. range (0.06 mm. I find rarely gives anything, especially considering how much longer that stuff takes...)

Edited by Guest

Posted · What's the highest resolution the UMO can do?

Well I have the default nozzle from the UMO kit and usually print at 0.1 mm I have seen some print .06 or even .04 with Ultimaker 2's. I wasn't sure if the .04 was possible with the UMO

Well I have the default nozzle from the UMO kit and usually print at 0.1 mm   I have seen some print .06 or even .04  with Ultimaker 2's.     I wasn't sure if the .04 was possible with the UMO

Actually, Ultimaker themselves state the minimum layer height on both the UMO and the UM2 family to be 20 microns... Thats 0.02 mm.... I don't know how they arrived at that number, or why they want to try and jump on that whole wagon of stating the absolute heighest z-resolution possible... Maybe to persuade/ fool new customers... I dunno.

0.04 mm. on the UMO I HAVE heard of and seen pictures of... So it is possible, I guess with tweaks., I still think it is only relevant in the rarest of cases...

https://davedurant.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/ultimaker-faq-but-what-about-the-quality-of-prints/

Edited by Guest