Spare parts from Ebay?

printerfan

Posted · Spare parts from Ebay?

I have an UMO with dual extrusion. I need to replace my peek, brass pipe with flange, and my aluminum block. The prices on ebay are very cheap, but imported from china, has anyone ordered any of these spare parts from ebay and can attest to the quality?

Thanks for the link Labern. I read through the list and it seems like most of the parts I need are okay to buy chinese (aluminum block, brass/copper hotend barrel and nozzle. One thing that I didn't see addressed was the PEEK.

Is chinese PEEK okay to use?

Anyone have experience ordering from aliexpress? Any other cheap alternative sites recommended?

I have used Aliexpress quite successfully. delivery times were fast etc but i guess it depends on the supplier you pick.

It has been mention not to buy UM2 nozzles and PTFE couplers but not sure of the quality of the peek.

PEEK from aliexpress imo it's 'ok' if you ain't going to use it at more than 250C to go 260C I recommend you get the good one from ultimaker (glass filled and better machined).

Brass pipe (heat break isolator barrel) use to be ok but with some sellers you get a slight deviation that can add a bit of preassure to the feeder. So far I found two reliable sellers that 1/5 parts are wrong (for the price it's worth). But mind that I use to buy the 1.75 versions even two I have some 3mm versions because sometimes they send the wrong stuff (and they replaced it for free). Very important to check the reviews and from what country are they (to see if they are by real humans).

Nozzles are tricky to get them perfect from china. More than half arrived with deviations or with the holes slightly bigger/smaller. For best quality get E3D nozzles, 3dsolex or ultimaker. Mind that the you might need to change the fan cap because e3d or 3dsolex are smaller (less tall but totally compatible).

Sorry this many posts but I can't edit the post on the phone nor on the computer.

I found a good suppliers that sold me each barrel and ptfe coupler for 2€ each. It's called 3d-spring and the quality it's quite ok (and bloody cheapo).

For the aluminium blocks I have try plenty and not even one had the thermocupler/pt100 hole of the correct size. So that I would buy to ultimaker or e3d.

PEEK from aliexpress imo it's 'ok' if you ain't going to use it at more than 250C to go 260C I recommend you get the good one from ultimaker (glass filled and better machined).

Brass pipe (heat break isolator barrel) use to be ok but with some sellers you get a slight deviation that can add a bit of preassure to the feeder. So far I found two reliable sellers that 1/5 parts are wrong (for the price it's worth). But mind that I use to buy the 1.75 versions even two I have some 3mm versions because sometimes they send the wrong stuff (and they replaced it for free). Very important to check the reviews and from what country are they (to see if they are by real humans).

The PTFE/teflon part is glass filled. Our PEEK (UM2) isn't, just so we keep our facts straight.

Sorry this many posts but I can't edit the post on the phone nor on the computer.

I found a good suppliers that sold me each barrel and ptfe coupler for 2€ each. It's called 3d-spring and the quality it's quite ok (and bloody cheapo).

For the aluminium blocks I have try plenty and not even one had the thermocupler/pt100 hole of the correct size. So that I would buy to ultimaker or e3d.

Why can't you edit your post?

Can you make a screenshot from your 'text-block'?

Why can't you edit your post?

Can you make a screenshot from your 'text-block'?

I had to copy paste the reply box from the shot and paste it down on the new post area.

Yesterday I posted some shot also of what happens on my iPhone 6 with the new 9.0.

I'm using GM (the same that will be released 30 September) of El capitan osx

5a33113e0264a_Capturadepantalla2015-09-18alas10_01_16.thumb.png.38371f4f19d77d8dc15ea5b777a9ebe3.png

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/11734-general-forum-feedback?page=last#reply-118693

5a33113e0264a_Capturadepantalla2015-09-18alas10_01_16.thumb.png.38371f4f19d77d8dc15ea5b777a9ebe3.png

Sorry, I mean the block after you have posted, like what everyone else sees.

There should be a 'edit post' in the top right corner which allows you to edit your post.

It will open an edit box a little bit lower.

I did see your other post and forwarded it to the developers.

Yes the 'edit' works. It sends me to that screen. The missing part it's the 'submit'.

Big ' D'oh! '.

Noted. Now, lets not hijack the thread away from ebay.

• Like 1