Ugly wrinkled corners

roald

Posted · Ugly wrinkled corners

It's because of the severe overhang - for one layer it's about 85 degrees from vertical. A solution might be to flip it over so the bottom is down as shown in picture but add brim. This way the layers that I assume are visible will have better quality and the ugliness will be hidden on the underside.

Or you can do what IrobertI suggests at 3dverstaken (forget the exact name as I'm traveling today) and do a 45 degree initial angle and blend that into a curve. He's got great tips on "design for 3d printing".

thank you for your fast answer gr5 but in my opinion is not the overhang who gives the problem but the tin outside wall bend a little bit up, and when the printhead come over it hit the wall and push it back and the filament squeeze over the wall

Yes. I was talking about the same thing. When you have overhangs you get this exactissue - you get a lip after a few layers and it lifts up and every time the nozzle comes near it pushes the lip back down. This is best fixed with lots of fan. But you can avoid it if you design your model correctly. For example if you flip your part so that *down* is the same as *down* in your photo then you shouldn't have any crucial over hangs anymore.

All of these will help...

Loads of fan

Thinner slices

Print slow, like 20mm/s

larger nozzle

Designing the "bend" with a chamfer/fillet

Also, not that I have tried this, probably extruder temp. as low as possible (that is a guess rather than knowledge).

good tips yellowshark. but today i had the same problem with printing my fan mount in abs

so i get the idea to sketch 2 support walls each 0.25mm thick, the same sizes as my nozzle

to protect the sloping wall from bending. but cura print the walls only when i set wall thickness at 0.125 can i solve this someone other ideas?

5a3313547f555_supportfanmount.thumb.jpg.369215759a03f7b4af8d61b44a8e7ca4.jpg

5a3313547f555_supportfanmount.thumb.jpg.369215759a03f7b4af8d61b44a8e7ca4.jpg

Posted (edited) · Ugly wrinkled corners

Just make the support thicker. You need twice the nozzle width so make the support 0.85mm thick.

Edited by Guest