Start printing halfway Z-axis

jeex

Posted · Start printing halfway Z-axis

I was hoping for a more convenient answer. I already speak 11 programming languages fluently and am not too keen on learning no 12. But, here we go...

I was hoping for a more convenient answer. I already speak 11 programming languages fluently and am not too keen on learning no 12. But, here we go...

Hi jeex,

haha, this sounds a bit like a motion picture.... jeex eleven, jeex twelve... to be continued... :)

Is Python included? You could try to reawaken the Cura plugin XYZshift - this would be very convenient ... afterwards...

Or use Simplify3D and set the global offsets on the gcode tab... very convenient too... but not free....

42_EmoticonsHDcom.png

LOL. I prefer convenient over free ;-)

You have a direct answer right there :)

G1 Z5 ; moves the bed to 5mm

G92 Z0 ; defines that position as 0

Lazy me has one more question: where in the gCode do i put these two lines?

I suppose since um2 don't use header for heating/prime. It should go at start? I'm more a umo+ guy. If you post your first 10 lines it should be easy to point

Ohoh. One more script to go.

After the print job is done, raising the buildplate, set fan to 100% and rotating the fan above the objects to force cooling down the objects.

My super glue spray only lets go if the plate is cooled down. Amazing stuff: sticks like hell when warm, not sticky at all when cold. I tried this way of forced cooling manually and it works great.

So language no.12 here we go. Learning gcode.

You want to make the head keep on a loop over the printed object while the fan it's at 100%?

Posted (edited) · Start printing halfway Z-axis

Marlin doesn't support scriptable Gcodes (that would rock btw).

So, the think you could do at the end of the gcode it's:

;End GCodeM104 S0 		;extruder heater offG91 		;relative positioningG1 E-1 F300 		;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle to release some of the pressureG1 Z+15 E-3 X-20 Y-20 F3000 		;move down Z 15mm, retract filament more, move X -20mm and Y-20mm you can adjust this movements as you see fit the F it's the speedM160 255 ;Fan at maxM140 S30 		;Set bed to heat to 30CM190 S30  		;Wait until bed has reached 30CM140 S0 		;heated bed heater offM107		; fans offM84                         ;steppers off

Edit: Changed the code...

Edited by Guest

Nice. Thanks.

• Like 1