Object after object, or layer after layer

jeex

Posted · Object after object, or layer after layer

I'm printing several objects at the same time. So i multiply them in Cura and somehow things can go two ways, and i do not know how to control that.

• Or the objects get a load of space around them (by Cura) and then are printed on object after the other.
  • Or the objects are all printed at the same time, layer by layer

I prefer the first option, because of less post-processing and if things go wrong, you only lose one object (and time) in stead of the hole batch.

There is something else: the first gcode-document containts a skirt, the second one does not.

How can i get control over this process in Cura?

You select the mode you want in the Tools-menu. "One at a time" will be disabled automatically if one or more objects are tall enough to hit the gantry. You'll get a warning about this at the bottom of the window.

You select "print one at a time" in the tools menu (cura until 15.04)

The limitation is that one-at-a-time only works with items of max 50mm high. Otherwise they would be knocked over by the xy axis.

The 50mm is called the gantry hight and can be changed in machine settings in case you use a different printhead.

I can hear you all laugh about me, strugling my way through the many expert settings, while the solution is in this simple menu with only two options...

Thanks.

It 'happened' to me last week for the first time. Did not know what i saw. And suddenly i could not fit the 15 objects on the plate the way i used to.

Now i'm very pleased with this option.

In 15.06> the setting can be found in the "print sequence" setting in the "special modes" category.

Those extra areas that it adds are there to indicate what the size of the head is, as with one at the time you need to take those into account (somewhat).