Christmas Netfabb Beta

floush

Posted · Christmas Netfabb Beta

This is fantastic, or at least I presume it's fantastic once I play with it...

One question, is here a more detailed new feature list, so we know what's changed, and what we need to test/change?

Happy holidays everyone

Ps: I love the word "thinkering" in this context, it's like tinkering and thinking at the same time

One question, is here a more detailed new feature list, so we know what's changed, and what we need to test/change?

Good question! Funnily enough: I don't know :D I passed on the printer to the next student team, so I couldn't test myself yet. Need to get an UM pretty soon... Alex rushed this release in order to get things done before Christmas. I hope he will clear up confusion soon.

Oh wait: Paul confirmed that there's an 250000 baud rate setting available. If it works is not confirmed yet.

Ps: I love the word "thinkering" in this context, it's like tinkering and thinking at the same time

So cool! Didn't mean to make this typo. But I like it a lot (and leave it as is).

Cheers,

Flo@off-to-christmas-dinner

Hey guys,

just to report, I'm slicing a part with the Xmas Netfabb version. As you can see from the pic, there's still jumps in places where they have no reason to be if the new feature were implemented as it should be.

There's less jumps through open space for sure, but they are still there.

0DFwG.jpg

I noticed something else that seems weird. I am getting a lot of layer shifts on this object, with the latest Marlin, be it with the previous or Christmas Netfabb. So I tried to slow down the jumps in the Netfabb profile, but the only jumps that slowed down were the "infill -> jump -> infill" ones, ie. when the head jumps to continue doing the infill due to the holes in the center. Whenever it jumped in any other combination it would be at max speed. Anybody else got this behavior?

That's great! I'll download and test it asap.

Hello,

please what setting are you using to conenct to Ultimaker? I tried, but did not succeeded, testing every speed and the same port (COM13 I had success with ReplicatorG).

Thanks

Michal

Hello,

please what setting are you using to conenct to Ultimaker? I tried, but did not succeeded, testing every speed and the same port (COM13 I had success with ReplicatorG).

I think a lot of people have been having problems printing directly from netfabb. This is the first release with that feature so I guess there are a few bugs they still need to work out.

I'd stick with printing from repg for now..

I finally found some time today to give it a try but unfortunately it's only hours before 2012... It makes no sense to install it for now.

I'll wait for the full update now. Paul's print looks good there. No more, or at least less, stringing! That's awesome.

Please keep in mind that this is not final and expires at the turn of the year.

I finally found some time today to give it a try but unfortunately it's only hours before 2012... It makes no sense to install it for now.

Just revert your system clock a few days back, worked for me :)

It's still working for me.. I get a popup saying it's expired but it goes ahead and works anyway..

Any word on an update to this ... er update? :D

Any word on an update to this ... er update? :D

Yeah, I was wondering the same... what's going to happen? also, can you work with eric and get such updates and betas and releases to a more formal and official page (i.e. software.ultimaker.com)? right now all the netfabb related releases (4.8 update, this beta, paul's profiles) are scattered everywhere, and even I have a hard time finding/remembering where they are, or where to download them. it doesn't need to be hosted on ultimaker... I think having a dedicated UM download/info page on netfabb.com would be great, and MUCH easier to maintain for all parties.