Print bed deformation

kvap

Posted (edited) · Print bed deformation

WHAT WEIGHT, IS ULTIMAKER 2 PRINTBED ARRANGEMENT DESIGNED TO CARRY?

To elaborate the question- Uktimker's build volume is over 200x200x200 cu.mm . with 100% infill that volume of ABS/PLA product would weigh about 8 to 9 kgs ( dsnsity of ABS is 1040 g/cm3). So, can the bed plate, which is a 4mm aluminium plate that acts as a cantilever plate, carry that much weight without being deformed??

****Expecting an answer from an engineer/ULTIMAKER TEAM.

You can mail me at : projectkvap@gmail.com

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Print bed deformation

Your question somehow suggests you already did the appropriate calculation and saw it will leave the elastic range?

If you are looking for an official answer, you may want to submit a support ticket to Ultimaker or to your local distributor.

The other question is why someone would like to print a solid block of ABS. I would expect any reasonable model not having 100% infill of that volume. I might be wrong.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Print bed deformation

Your question somehow suggests you already did the appropriate calculation and saw it will leave the elastic range?

If you are looking for an official answer, you may want to submit a support ticket to Ultimaker or to your local distributor.

The other question is why someone would like to print a solid block of ABS. I would expect any reasonable model not having 100% infill of that volume. I might be wrong.

I did a calculation, it gave me a deformation of 3mm at the end of the plate. Although i am unsure if that is appropriate/ legit. Would like to know if that is right. Rather, I am more interested in knowing the maximum weight it can handle..

THanks..

If you have calculated the deformation, you might just scale the full block size to compensate the final print. Anyhow I would be more concerned about how much the Z will 'bend down' on the front. If you need heavy dutty stuff, you could try to look into this:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/18596-heavy-hack-bed-autoleveling-and-tool-height-detection-ultimaker-original-full-bed-replacement

And build a mod for your printer that allows to have 2 more Z's holding the bed.

If you have calculated the deformation, you might just scale the full block size to compensate the final print. Anyhow I would be more concerned about how much the Z will 'bend down' on the front. If you need heavy dutty stuff, you could try to look into this:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/18596-heavy-hack-bed-autoleveling-and-tool-height-detection-ultimaker-original-full-bed-replacement

And build a mod for your printer that allows to have 2 more Z's holding the bed.

Thanks for the suggestion..

I edited your thread title. No need to shout.