Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
rlolley

Texture of Faberdashery Glowbug filament

Just got my Faberdashery Glowbug Yellow filament, It has a rough texture and I was wondering if anyone can confirm that this is normal. Looks Like it would be hard on the Bowden tube. I searched the whole inter-web and couldn't find any good pictures or comments about the surface texture of this filament. I did see a few posts in here about printing with it, but nothing regarding this question.

I turned my Xbox 360 Kinect into a scanner. I scanned and printed myself (that's me in my avatar), now everybody wants one too, so I'm looking forward to making them with "Glowbug"

Thanks,

Robert

I didn't use it myself, but beware that the glow fill is VERY abrasive. It can wear down your nozzle real fast. I hope you already have an Olsson Block so you can change nozzles or you have a spare printhead. That's what I've read.... So this would explain the rough texture.

Glowbug or Glowfill is abrasive because is contains strontium aluminate.

But IMHO it is not *that* dangerous. I printed approx 2 spools of it (Glowfill) and changed the 3D solex brass nozzle only one time.

The surface is a little bit rougher compared to other materials. Printing 3 or more shells is a good idea to get objects that glow for a longer time than object with only 2 shells.

hth

Edited by Guest