Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

3D printeres "the rage machines"

People buy garbage and expect it to work flawlessly.

Sigh...

I'm guessing the blog post has to be taken with a large spoon of satire? Some people have produced gorgeous designs with 3D printers.

I think even the most advanced printers, people dont realise there is a certrain skill involved. we are still in the "made out of paper and glue using beavers tails" wright brothers age of filght when it comes to 3D printers, but far to many companies are selling them as auto pilot A380's.

but yes, definately satire, if not very very true satire.

People buy garbage and expect it to work flawlessly.

Sigh...

I'm guessing the blog post has to be taken with a large spoon of satire? Some people have produced gorgeous designs with 3D printers.

I think even the most advanced printers, people dont realise there is a certrain skill involved. we are still in the "made out of paper and glue using beavers tails" wright brothers age of filght when it comes to 3D printers, but far to many companies are selling them as auto pilot A380's.

but yes, definately satire, if not very very true satire.

That goes for anything honestly...

• Like 1

As a prior ROBO 3D post-kickstarter owner, I felt the pain and frustration of that article truly, but it fails to mention the joyful side of the hobby / biz of 3D printing. Like a child with a discipline problem, you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

Les

Make history!

I feel sorry for the guy, his command of the English language seems as poor as his knowledge of 3D printing. Every newbie goes through those initial weeks with failures and frustration, it is the same as PCs back in the eighties and nineties, plug 'n play they are not. But the smart ones think, test, train themselves, join the Ultimaker forum irrespective of printer, and learn and go on to produce marvellous pieces.

What fascinated me most was realising that the Cube had gone