Warping

Hello world! So i have bought my first ultimaker (2 extended plus) and have printed many things now and have been through tips for printing as well as had used 3 different types of filaments (grey ultimaker default, colorfabb woodfil, white colorfabb xt). I have been trying to dial in using the colorfabb xt (had good luck with the default and woodfill).

I have taken pics of the prints and settings so and wanted yalls opinion.

image.thumb.jpeg.d5c538e3b71ef3b39cc4e78baef8a28b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6fcc5186837b4ba5abc1f624b96f5f32.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.25941ccaf225bb1b5e742ed01633867d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e13300530dbd5b34933568f1d95e4390.jpeg

So the top 3 show the warping and the bottom one the top (looks good imo). Here are the settings i used.

image.thumb.jpeg.1dedfba4fe3f288c0fdef891f48038a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a639b6c2dbbf7e3ed19ae7f6a7cbacd6.jpeg

I use 260c and 75c for head and bed temps.

Thanks for looking. Im glad to be part of the community now!

image.thumb.jpeg.d5c538e3b71ef3b39cc4e78baef8a28b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6fcc5186837b4ba5abc1f624b96f5f32.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.25941ccaf225bb1b5e742ed01633867d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e13300530dbd5b34933568f1d95e4390.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1dedfba4fe3f288c0fdef891f48038a5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a639b6c2dbbf7e3ed19ae7f6a7cbacd6.jpeg

Hello,

this problem is no kind of warping in my opinion...

the layers are to hot and the cooling was not good in this area and had no chance to cool down, because a new hot layer was still printed above...

• Like 1

Ditto - probably as I have never used XT and do not know what the recommended setting are. Also, I am suspecting that the model, at the base, is very small and maybe too small for the printed layer to cool don before the next is printed - you need about 10 secs, so you can watch and see if that is the problem. Various ways to overcome but the easiest is probably to print at least two copies of the model concurrently

• Like 1

It is being run at too high of a temperature.

"Adviced 3d printing temperature:

240-260C (colorFabb_XT filament produced before 7th februari can be printed at 220 - 240C)"

With most materials I work with I typically use the inbetween temperature and tweak as needed. 260 is essentially melting every layer below it.

• Like 1

More fan. I'm not an XT expert but what you show in the photos I usually call "bad overhang". It has complicated causes but the fix is always the same - print with more fan and possibly also lower nozzle temp. I'm guessing you had no fan and the heat from the bed had the XT above glass temp (sort of like melting point). Anyway it clearly was too hot so the overhangs didn't do well.

If your fan was already at 100% then lower the nozzle temp but I'm guessing more fan is all you need.

• Like 1

If your fan was off then try 30% first. High glass-temp materials like ABS and XT will get bad layer bonding if you give it too much fan so if the fan had been off don't suddenly go to 100% otherwise you may get beautiful prints but they may be extremely weak and break easily along layers (bad layer bonding due to not enough heat to melt the new layer into the old).

• Like 1