Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mekks-mechanics

anyone tried to mount olson block on ultimaker original plus?

now that i have started to get god with my 3dprinter i would like to experiment with nozzle size

and was wondering if anyone have tried to mount a olson block on a ultimaker original?

i know i can switch to the printerhead but i wanted to keep it as stock as possible as i like the design and don't want to mess with firmware if i have to do that to fit a e3d hotend on my umoplus

was hoping someone have found a way to mount a olson block to the ultimaker original?

as i like that the olson block is so simple :)

thx for answering :)

i don't know either

ah i have never needed to change the nozzle on my machine yet so i really didnt know that :O

have run my machine about 50 houres and never one clog :D so think i have been lucky soo far :)

any links to where i can buy diffrent size nozzles for the UMO+

and hardened nozzles?

To go um2 on umo+ you need

A full um2 hotend (fans, cables, etc, aluminium, and a printed top like the one meduza did some weeks ago (google))

A new heater (get a 35w fron 3dsolex). Umo+ heaters it's 6mm dia and um2 uses 4mm.

Also unless you get the new fan shroud (not available yet) you will need a new fan cap for the olsson block.

So... Get ready to drain the wallet. I'm doing that on one of my umo+. I would wait for the [plus] pack from um (the one that will make um2 a um2+) and then I would get all the missing parts. This way you get the extruder, new fan cap and olsson.

• Like 1

I've put an UM2 Head on a UMO+ with the Olsson block ofc. The only "problem"  i've encountered is that the head is rotated 90 degrees. (Height of the X and Y axis is switched) This can be fixed to turn the alu part 90 degrees back.

This drops the option for possible dual extrusion, since there is only 1 hole going through the whole head for the filament, ptfe, nozzle etc.

Edited by Guest

Ok, interresting. I have to look into how the UMO+ hotend looks like. I haven't yet assembled mine so i'm just collecting info on possible future upgrades. GT2 being the first one planned once it is up and running in original configuration so I can print the necessary parts for that conversion.

Btw, the link was corrupt...possibly by the forum software. All the ampersands were converted to their HTML representation.