Many holes on top surface

Jdrew

Posted · Many holes on top surface

20160226_133337.thumb.jpg.5646e5acfe15e26732329393304b9f8c.jpg

I'm new to 3d printing and I can't seem to get the top surface right. Here are my general settings. I print several little squares to test.

Layer height .2

Shell thickness .8

Bottom/top thickness .6

Fill density 20%

Print speed 50

Temp 210-220

Support none

Diameter 1.75

Flow 100-120 depends

I have been checking around the net and it seema to be a case of under extrution and I have been playing around with speed, temperature and flow but I couldnt get it right. I don't think it's my machine because in the sd card that I received is one of those flash logo that printes flawlessly.

20160226_133337.thumb.jpg.5646e5acfe15e26732329393304b9f8c.jpg

You need to share more info. What machine, what mods you did to use 1.75mm filament, and when was the last time you did a coupler change or the status of the hotend in general.

You need to share more info. What machine, what mods you did to use 1.75mm filament, and when was the last time you did a coupler change or the status of the hotend in general.

1.75 because that's what's written on my filament's label. My machine is called Puzzlebox and it uses Cura slicer. As for the rest of your question, I don't know what those are.

I suspect it is under extrusion. I'm hoping someone could point out which parameters to adjust in the general settings. I'm printing these small squares to test.

You could try to increase the thickness of your print in the settings from 0,6 too 1.0 since to me it seems that the top is collapsing in the void between the infill, since it has a pattern. You could also try using a bigger infill. What is your fan speed?

You are printing too cold and/or too fast. Play with speed and temperature in the controller menu while it is printing. Also you want as much fan as possible - see if there is a way to increase fan - add a window fan or desk fan nearby.