Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
lysaer

Knurled bolt removal

Which printer?  I don't know how to do it for the um2+ but for the UM2 it's pretty easy and obvious - just loosen the set screw on the side.  I think it's a 1.5mm hex.

Hi there

It is a Um2 extended

I loosened the grub screw and completely removed it, but for the life of me even with pliers I cannot remove the knurled bolt, I have tried shocking it and using penetrating spray.

Should it literally just pull off?

Thank you in advance

Finally managed to remove it

Took the motor down to the garage, clamped up the bolt in a vice and used a punch and mallet.

I have no idea why it was stuck on there so tight.

Swapped it for a mk8 driver gear and so far am impressed with the results over the knurled bolt

It was probably loc-tite from the threads. I've had a few of those that were impossible to remove without significant force. Heat would probably work as well but I was in a hurry.

Yeah it was a pain, had the same on my other Ultimaker 2 as well.

Also am using your low friction spool and uprated filament guide, great work :D