Do you have any idea in order to avoid this feeder fail? (InnoFlex filament)

Alecsm

Posted · Do you have any idea in order to avoid this feeder fail? (InnoFlex filament)

My first 5 attempts to flexy print, failed after 5-10 min of nice printing. Every time the filament get stucked inside the feeder :(. The feeder tensiones has been tightened almost at the maximum torque ...

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=4137451671&photo_id=9130697829#9130697829

Any suggestion?

Posted · Do you have any idea in order to avoid this feeder fail? (InnoFlex filament)

what are your print settings.

It can be quite difficult to print with. You may need to put a drop of oil in the bowden tube and its normally best to print really slow 10 - 15mm/s

Which innoflex? 45 or 60? also increasing the temperature to about 230 would be best and slowing it down a smidgen. around 35-40 mm/s (make sure your infill speed isnt set to 80)

Posted (edited) · Do you have any idea in order to avoid this feeder fail? (InnoFlex filament)

Another try with print speed @ 25 ...same problem but a bit later. I mean not at the begining of the print. IMG_1302.thumb.JPG.f06169853448434af9c4d58127236c43.JPG IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.ffe4bcd98ccb4e0f5d953f1b9166ae1a.JPG

[material]

name=INNOF45

temperature=255

temperature_0.80=255

bed_temperature=30

fan_speed=50

flow=110 (recomended flow for this material is 100-130)

diameter=2.85

Layer height 0.20

Print speed 25

Nozzle size 0.8

Infill speed 0 (zero)

What kind of settings are you using for flexible printing?

IMG_1302.thumb.JPG.f06169853448434af9c4d58127236c43.JPG

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.ffe4bcd98ccb4e0f5d953f1b9166ae1a.JPG

Edited by Guest

what settings should i try? Nobody using innoflex here? :(

I've used ninjaflex but not on this feeder - on the iRoberti feeder.

Try 10mm/sec. It's incredibly slow but there is much less pressure. And set flow to 100%. If you set flow to anything higher then it is pushing harder than it should need to. And add a drop of oil on the filament below the feeder and uncoil 1 meter of filament hanging down the back of a table and add another drop of oil after every meter is printed.

If you could 3d print some kind of part in there to keep the filament straight that would help! That's how the iRoberti feeder does it.

Also print the part in the corner farthest from the feeder - front right corner - so the bowden tube is not curved so much.

Another try with print speed @ 25 ...same problem but a bit later. I mean not at the begining of the print. IMG_1302.thumb.JPG.f06169853448434af9c4d58127236c43.JPG IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.ffe4bcd98ccb4e0f5d953f1b9166ae1a.JPG

[material]

name=INNOF45

temperature=255

temperature_0.80=255

bed_temperature=30

fan_speed=50

flow=110 (recomended flow for this material is 100-130)

diameter=2.85

Layer height 0.20

Print speed 25

Nozzle size 0.8

Infill speed 0 (zero)

What kind of settings are you using for flexible printing?

I've used the innoflex 45, it's quite good, can even do retractions.

Your settings don't look too far off from mine, but maybe you have a bloackage somewhere if there is resistance at the head then it could cause the curl in the feeder.

I use this:

[material]

name=INNOF45

temperature=240

temperature_0.40=240

bed_temperature=50

fan_speed=100

flow=100

diameter=2.85

Layer height 0.20

Print speed 25

Nozzle size 0.8

Infill speed 0 (zero)

So not too far off from your settings. Basically PLA settings with a bit more heat. You may be just hitting the extrusion volume limit of the material. maybe drop the layer height down to 0.1, or your speed down to 15?

Also clean your nozzle super well before using flex!

So not too far off from your settings. Basically PLA settings with a bit more heat. You may be just hitting the extrusion volume limit of the material. maybe drop the layer height down to 0.1, or your speed down to 15?

Also clean your nozzle super well before using flex!

Thanks for reply! I will check again soon!