Other printers you use?

Ronan

Posted · Other printers you use?

Hey guys, we currently run 4 ulti's 2+/E+ and they are great... but we really need a dual extruder (or more) enclosed printer... Anyone happen to use one they can recommend?

Our option is to grab a regular Ultimaker 2 and fit an aftermarket dual (or more) extruder kit if anyone can recommend one... Or go for another brand (we don't want to do that tbh...)

Thank you, ill take a look.

Do you happen to know a solid solution for a dual extruder (or more) for the ultimaker 2? A lot of websites have dead links which isn't reassuring!

Not yet. But I there are some guys doing stuff around that. Dual extrusion it's much difficult than just adding a second extruder (if you want to print with quality and speed ofc).

Yepp which is why i think i'll have to go to another company, which is annoying (means more spare parts, new machine, retrain employee's, etc...).

It depends on your timescale. My album here shows some examples for what's possible. I'm working on making this available. About when and in what way you should ask me in a month or two ...

What kind of dual prints would you like to do?

And in what materials?

Do you want to use it to do two different colors or two different materials?

Posted (edited) · Other printers you use?

Different colors and different materials, especially a soluble one for supports.

Our biggest issue is most multi-extruder printers use 1.75mm filaments. We have a storage full of 3mm filaments since that's what our 4 ultimaker's use. It would suck to have to rebuy the same colors but in 1.75mm...

Also after learning that our $45,000+ 3D printers did the exact same job as our Ultimaker 2+ (same quality, same speed, might be a bit more reliable but not much more), we aren't keen in purchasing another super expensive 3D printer. Good on Ultimaker for having such a premium professional product at that price!

Edited by Guest

3ntr is dual extruder, heated bed, FULLY enclosed and made from CNC steel and alloy and has a drive system that does not fail. Used it for 2.5 blissful years.

3ntr is dual extruder, heated bed, FULLY enclosed and made from CNC steel and alloy and has a drive system that does not fail. Used it for 2.5 blissful years.

Thanks, the 3NTR is currently on the top of the list. I remember it from our chat a few months ago :)

I should say that I assume it still comes packaged with Repetier Host firmware and their printer control software (which is really nice to use). The current version v2, I have a v1, has some serious upgrades, 3 extruders (I believe that it may have an option to go to 5, but that might be the A3 model), water cooled extruders, drive system designed to use flexible filament (as well as normal filament, redesigned guide rods.

Different colors and different materials, especially a soluble one for supports.

I recently did some first tests with E3D scaffold. While it printed considerable better than PVA I still had adhesion problems between the support material and the printing material when a support structure starts on top of a printed surface. I want to investigate into this a little more the next days.