Heat Bed Temperature

Chaos_Lord

Posted (edited) · Heat Bed Temperature

Hello,,i do not know why but my head-Bed Temp is telling me that it has 70°C. When i touch the bed it is complete cold? I guess that the temperatur Sensor is not working correctly. How do i check and change it? could not finde anything on the Homepage.

Thanks for all Hints

Steve

Ultimaker 2 Extendes arrount 1/2 Year only old.....

Edited by Guest

Posted · Heat Bed Temperature

I did some work meanwhile. The Bed is heating up as it schould. As soon as the temperatur is reached it turns out . The tem-Sensors stays at the temperatur he reached for a very long time. Example. I head up the table to 70 Degree. When i put my hand on it it is very hot. Now i wait for 20 min. the bed is could already but the sensor still says 60 degree?

Nozzel Temp is 27 Degree

Hi, Steve,

Have you checked your heated bed plate and electronics board to make sure the heater wires are fully inserted, and that the temperature sensor is plugged all the way into TEMP3?

Do any error messages appear?

Has anything been disassembled recently?

I took out the head bed and all wires are connected. The electronic seems to be fine too or better did not see any unconnected or broken wire. Anyway i do not really know where the sensor is placed :(

the only thing i disasssambled in the last time was the heat end becase i changed from 0.8 to 0.4 diameter all changes i did bevor where done arrount 3 Month ago and worked till today (i changed to olson block.

On your heated bed cable, the 2 thicker wires are your heater wires (they may be blue and brown or gray, depending on your printer), the thinner wires (black and white, or just black) are your temp sensor wires.

If wires are all connected tightly, then it sounds like you could have a short in the cable, or that some of the soldering may have come apart inside the black terminal block on the bed itself.

If your printer is only 6 months old, you should be well inside the warranty period, and your local reseller can probably get you the part you need.

Hello,

since we have a free Day today i'll go check it again. I also contacted my reseller already and hoping you are right :(

I checked all lines and they seem to be ok, all are connected right. I contacted the reseller but they told me that ig3d.com is doing all the warrenty stuff. so i wrote them a mail but in the last 3 days no answer :(

Maybe the sensor wires loose contact, when the bed warms up? I heard of some people who had problems because the glass plate was too close to the aluminum plate with the springs highly compressed. Then the aluminum squeezed the contact block and did somehow damage the wires.

Have you tried to contact iGo3D again?

Usually if the heater cables are loose it gets a sensor error. Reading only 40C high is very rare - not sure I ever heard of this before. Do you have a voltmeter? The bed should be about 108 ohms at room temperature. I would ohm it out - maybe one of the wires is about 10 ohms resistance and making the temperature look high. Also consider remelting all the solder on the 4 tabs for the heated bed where that terminal connector connects the 4 wires to the heated bed.