UMO+ Hot End Isolator Tube Stuck in PEEK

Posted · UMO+ Hot End Isolator Tube Stuck in PEEK

Hello,

I was assembling my UMO+, and I realized that I had screwed the hot end isolator tube into the wrong side of the peek, and now I can't unscrew it (I tried wrenches, bare hands, gloves, tried until i got bloody fingers). Does anybody have any tips for this? It's kinda sad, cuz if I can't fix it, I'm kinda screwed (and my local reseller doesn't sell a UMO+ hotend pack).

Thanks in advance!

WIN_20160618_073633.thumb.JPG.3f50e96f962525af1a40cac630ea2133.JPG

WIN_20160618_073633.thumb.JPG.3f50e96f962525af1a40cac630ea2133.JPG

Try freeze spray on the metal only for a long 20 seconds and then grip with rubber sheet or rubber gloves. The cold will make the metal shrink faster than the PEEK part.

Posted (edited) · UMO+ Hot End Isolator Tube Stuck in PEEK

What I do to take it out its:

Assemble the nozzle while hot like if you where going to use it. Then unscrew the peek. It comes out very easy if the nozzle pressure it's 'on'. I broke 4 barrels or more before finding out :D

Upss I get it. You can't do that... Then do what gr5 says indeed.

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...
    Posted (edited) · UMO+ Hot End Isolator Tube Stuck in PEEK
    14 minutes ago, pablomatteoda said:

Hey Nerdwarrior, I have the same problem, how did you solved it?

It's been years and I honestly don't remember. I'm guessing I went with either gr5 or neotko's tip. To freeze you can take some canned air and spray it while inverted (comes out as refrigerant). For heating, I wouldn't recommend fire, but you could maybe try hot water or attaching the block/heater/thermistor and heating it up. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by nerdwarrior

Thank you! I´ ve tried to attached it to the block and and hot water but it´´´  s stucked. In my case the brass went through all the peek so is harder to heat the hole brass part. Will try the freeze method. thank you for your reply!

• Like 1