Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Larum

Is this printable and what would be the the best settings for a UM2+

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I'm looking for the optimal settings for this model on the UM2+: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1597936

Maybe it's not possible? If it is printable, this model would be a great print for a middle school math teacher. Last year at school, all my fifth graders walked around with rubik's cubes after learning strategies to solve them. It would really enhance the lesson if they could print their own and to make the cubes accessible. I'd love to be able to share this model with educators and give anyone who helps me credit for the work

Help!

This seems viciously hard -- unless you go dissolvable support. I feel confident i could make an immobile version pretty easily. ;)

Hmmm. I'm gonna run some tests with PLA -- though to date the most exciting thing I can think to do is use the openscad script to create a bunch of small fixed ones in different configurations, if that would be interesting. In a pinch, what about just printing caps for existing rubik's cube?

Got a good team ultimaker convo going on here :)

Even with PVA it would be hard as you wonld be able to melt the PVA in the center. It all can b printed as one piece but the center sphere may cause an issue for the top piece. It will start to print it in mid air and will stick to others. The rest will stick a bit but you could free it up with a knife.

As the gap is quite big you will need layer heights of around 0.2 or more and will need that ignore small z gaps enabled.

Printed at 30mm/sec and as cold as you can it should work.

• Like 1