Problems with support extrusion block and motion axes.

paul9

Posted · Problems with support extrusion block and motion axes.

break.thumb.jpg.d2d5fb765fe13bcd11bd1fff20a2b655.jpg

Hello everybody.

It suddenly formed a small fracture in this area.

You can just buy this component to replace it, I feel that one of these days will break completely.

break.thumb.jpg.d2d5fb765fe13bcd11bd1fff20a2b655.jpg

You can also take the source file (step file), convert it to a STL and print it. Not the worst idea having a spare just for the case it really breaks.

I think Ultimaker changed the plastic on the newer machines in order to avoid this effect. Anyway, check how tight the four long screws are. In the past there have been overtightened screws I was told.

You can also take the source file (step file), convert it to a STL and print it. Not the worst idea having a spare just for the case it really breaks.

I think Ultimaker changed the plastic on the newer machines in order to avoid this effect. Anyway, check how tight the four long screws are. In the past there have been overtightened screws I was told.

Also you can take the source file (step), convert it to a STL and print it.

Where can I find it?

There is no solution by ultimaker?

Ultimaker would provide a replacement if the printer is new. Through the distribution network. So the best you can do is to contact the reseller you bought it from. Maybe he is generous enough to send you a replacement. However, I wouldn't count on it. So to print a spare of that part is maybe the faster and cheaper solution. You can find the step file here, where all the sources from Ultimaker are located. Or it should have been there if seven months ago it wouldn't have been overwritten with the wrong file.

So until this is fixed, you have to use the old version.

I have also seen on YouMagine and/or Thingiverse that some people have designed their own replacement head parts. It might be easier to just try one of them for a replacement then to convert the STEP files.

There are a few listed here, for example.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

I have also seen on YouMagine and/or Thingiverse that some people have designed their own replacement head parts.  It might be easier to just try one of them for a replacement then to convert the STEP files.

There are a few listed here, for example.

Just a thought.  Hope it helps.

Thank you!

Ultimaker would provide a replacement if the printer is new. Through the distribution network. So the best you can do is to contact the reseller you bought it from. Maybe he is generous enough to send you a replacement. However, I wouldn't count on it. So to print a spare of that part is maybe the faster and cheaper solution. You can find the step file here, where all the sources from Ultimaker are located. Or it should have been there if seven months ago it wouldn't have been overwritten with the wrong file.

So until this is fixed, you have to use the old version.

Thank you!

That is a chinese clone of the UM head, why would you get that instead of just contacting your reseller and probably get a replacement part for free?

That is a chinese clone of the UM head, why would you get that instead of just contacting your reseller and probably get a replacement part for free?

I purchased on Ultimaker site, today I wrote an email (support@ultimaker.com) to them enclosing a photograph of problem, I hope that will help me.

If you purchased it on the Ultimaker site, then it must have been a while ago? They switched over to only selling trough their distributors in january i belive?

The Ultimaker gave me directions to solve my problem with a retailer in my area.

• Like 1