Lines not quite connecting to shell/outer perimeter

Ronan

Posted · Lines not quite connecting to shell/outer perimeter

Hello all!

Slight issue i am having. I am printing 4 0.4mm thick squares, 1 at each corner of the bed. Rear left/right and front left are comming out perfect. Front right is having some issues, there's tiny holes where the lines aren't quite connecting to the shell/outer perimeter.

I have been tweaking that side for a few hours, nothing seems to fix the issue, not even releveling the bed, changing the z axis, etc...

Please advise.

Photo attached.

0_4mm.thumb.jpg.d74e5a42edbf4c1d5ce9b80c1ed7413d.jpg

0_4mm.thumb.jpg.d74e5a42edbf4c1d5ce9b80c1ed7413d.jpg

that's underextrusion. you are getting that because of the way the bowden tube works.. unfortunately, the only way to fix that is to overextrude.. but then you'll be overextruding in the corners where it does work..

simplest solution? stay away from the front-right corner..

Korneel is probably correct but it could also be bed leveling. I would try turning the screws just a little - don't do the leveling procedure - just turn the front right screw CCW a bit to move the glass up (closer to nozzle) by a half turn and see what happens. Also try experimenting while it's printing until those little holes close up.