molten plastic is leaking out from nozzle assembly

Ram

Posted · molten plastic is leaking out from nozzle assembly

I have a ultimaker 2 extended +, very happy with its performance, quality of print. But facing an issue since two days.

Molten plastic is leaking out from nozzle assembly. searched lot for solution, but couldn't find. Help me to get rid of this problem.

IMG_20160917_190152215.thumb.jpg.c4d98d8d6e702ccc22da216aec1f99dd.jpg

IMG_20160917_190136674.thumb.jpg.b19de2a6ea7a6656ac119d7858ef67fa.jpg

IMG_20160917_190152215.thumb.jpg.c4d98d8d6e702ccc22da216aec1f99dd.jpg

IMG_20160917_190136674.thumb.jpg.b19de2a6ea7a6656ac119d7858ef67fa.jpg

Did you change nozzle while the hotend was cold? You have to heat up the block when changing nozzles or leftover plastic will prevent the nozzle from screwing all the way in properly.

• Like 1

Did you change nozzle while the hotend was cold? You have to heat up the block when changing nozzles or leftover plastic will prevent the nozzle from screwing all the way in properly.

I took this UM2E+ printer two weeks ago and not done any handson job till now.

I took this UM2E+ printer two weeks ago and not done any handson job till now.

Was it a brand new one you bought?

Yes the printer is new one Ultimaker 2 extended + 3D printer.

It printed about 15 parts and then this molten metal leakage problem occurred.

i did not change nozzle till now.

Oh what a headache, I wonder why it started doing that to you?

What I would do. I would disassemble the hot end.

You can use this link to follow the steps : https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/22188-how-to-replace-the-tfm-coupler

You need to clean the leaked PLA in the fan shroud. In fact you need to clean all the leaked PLA on your hot end. Make sure you assemble your printer correctly, this is quite important to have successful prints in the future again. And change your nozzle with a new one. (heat up your nozzle to a least 200C before changing it)

When you don't have a spare nozzle available, you can try the atomic pull (check this link : https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19510-how-to-apply-atomic-method )

And let us know if this worked out for you.

Good luck, don't hesitate to ask for extra help.

There are probably more "senior" members available here to give you more tips.

What I would do. I would disassemble the hot end.

You can use this link to follow the steps : https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/22188-how-to-replace-the-tfm-coupler

You need to clean the leaked PLA in the fan shroud. In fact you need to clean all the leaked PLA on your hot end. Make sure you assemble your printer correctly, this is quite important to have successful prints in the future again. And change your nozzle with a new one. (heat up your nozzle to a least 200C before changing it)

When you don't have a spare nozzle available, you can try the atomic pull (check this link : https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19510-how-to-apply-atomic-method )

And let us know if this worked out for you.

Good luck, don't hesitate to ask for extra help.

There are probably more "senior" members available here to give you more tips.

Thanks for the help.

My printer is working fine now and took  all my prints were successful.

But want to inform you the same issue is occurring in many printers in India. Don't know what's the issue but printers like one or two weeks old printer are struggling with this issue.