Blocked nozzle. Atomic method not working.

alexkidoo

Posted · Blocked nozzle. Atomic method not working.

Hello,

I was in the process of printing a ±30 hour print and it stopped 5 hours away from finishing.

I noticed the nozzle is blocked so i tried to apply the atomic method to clear it up but it was unsuccessful.

Every time I put the filament in trough the top it seems like it doesnt reach the nozzle and i cant proceed with atomic method. I tried using acupuncture needles and sewing needles from the bottom but that was unsuccessful as well.

I am a bit frustrated, since it is an important project for me, and I tried everything. At this point ordering a new nozzle would not help because it would take too long.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I should mention that I am using a hemp based biodegradable plastic filament, which we make ourselves. Printed lots of big and small prints with it, never had a problem like this; the atomic method always seemed to do the job.

Regards,

Alex.

Just to cover all chances. Are you sure that by taking out the bowden from the top, and inserting filament, you can't push or pull anything?

I only had that once that I used Esun cleaning filament after using carbonfill, the mix did fuse in an almost unbreakable cement.

Also.. What machine are you using?

Si prefieres postear tu problema en la zona del foro español también te podemos echar una mano en tu idioma.

After posting on the forum it came to mind that the blockage would be happening above the nozzle. So i let it cool and took the nozzle off; sure enough there was a small piece of filament that was stuck there and i pushed it up from the bottom.

Went on and performed the atomic method twice and now printing again.

Thanks for the help.

PS: no es mi idioma, solo vivo en Espana, y me da casi igual cual de las dos idiomas hablo, pero prefiero el ingles. Gracias.

• Like 1

Is this filament brittle? You should be able to bend filament quite a bit before it snaps. If it breaks in the bowden when the break reaches the end of the bowden it can get caught/stuck.