Ultimaker Swap?

LesHall

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Swap?

OK this is a strange one, so pardon the extra dose of weird please!  

I have become a bit concerned due to whispers of thoughts in my recollection and an unexplained Y axis offset that someone has swapped out my Ultimaker 2+ for an Ultimaker2 with the 2+ stickers and maybe the upgrade as well.  

I told  you it was a weird one...  

So my first question to you is how can I tell if that is what actually happened or if it is just my natural paranoia (I am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia so I would not be surprised if it is all in my mind)?  

So then what if it is true or false?  Well in either case, what I really would like to have is a dual extruder on my Ultimaker.  So is there a plan to offer a dual extruder kit for the 2+?  Or should i trade my 2+ for a dual 2?  

What would you do?  

Les

Edited by Guest

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

That would be a strange thing to do. Considering a UM2 upgraded with the extrusion kit effectively makes it UM2+, not really any lesser than a UM2 upgraded to +. So if someone DID do that, rest assured you'd have ended up with a UM2+ either way.

Now if you really wanted to know for sure, you can always check the serial number sticker on the bottom of your machine and on the box and cross reference them somehow.

Either way, I would probably not trade in a perfectly good 2+ for a dual 2, unless it happened to be Foehnsturm's UM. :D You're just asking for reliability issues, and reliability is where UM2's really shine.

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

OK, so I am good to go either way. I guess I'm just naturally paranoid. I think maybe the person who said "do you think he can tell?" in (perhaps not) reference to me may have been talking about a swap of my new phone or my old computer, again making no sense. So it's just me being paranoid. Thank you for the response and the vote of confidence!

Les

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

Also I leave my UM on all th time as the lights give me hope. is that OK?

Les

• Like 1

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

Looks fine to me! I leave mine on all the time too, no ill effects so far. Mine have like 2x the amount of time it's on vs. printing. Something like 5k hours on, 2.5k printing.

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

Maybe closely inspect the plus sign. It's a sticker in the Upgrade kit, there might be a difference.

I did noticed since I got my Ultimaker and leave it on 24x7, I don't need to turn on my ceiling light in the office anymore at night.

I am conserving energy. Kinda.

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

I just checked the plus sign and it is not a sticker, it is printed directly onto the surface of the case, so I figure I am good to go and my paranoia is incorrect as usual.

Now I just have to figure out this strange y axis offset!

Les

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

you can also check the + on the printbed holder. the kit with the sticker only has a sticker for the front.

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

And just for future reference. You can also check for a metal plate behind the feeder. An upgraded machine will have the plate. Unless they took the effort to drill new holes of course.

Posted · Ultimaker Swap?

Ok, I think we kinda have established it is a genuine Ultimaker 2+ :p

What your Y off-set? Care to share some photo's of what it looks like in your print?

Does your Ultimaker self behaves differently?

Let us know and I am pretty sure we can help with that as well :)