Simplify 3D :/

BucksLaserTech

Posted · Simplify 3D :/

Hi All,

I have recently moved over to simplify 3D for the support structures and other things.

However i am struggling to even get a print going. I have looked at other topics but cant find what im looking for.

First of all, when i save a programme/gcode from simplify 3d to a SD card and put it in my Ultimaker 2, it used to say how many meters it would use (when i use to use cura) ie: 16m. Cura also used to tell me how long it would take however it just says "no information available" now? is there a way to fix this?

What information do i need to give simplify 3d to start printing.

Many thanks.

Posted · Simplify 3D :/

I've been using default printer profile and it was working straight out of the box. Not all that well, but it was working. What exactly is happening? Is it homing the axis? Is the bed and nozzle heating up?

I guess you could try to add your printer through Help > Configuration Assistant again.

Then check the Start Code (Add Process > Show Advanced Settings > Scripts > Starting Script). When i try to setup a UM2 it defaults to:

M907 E1400 ; increase extruder currentG28 ; home all axesG1 X20 Y10 F3000 ; bring extruder to frontG92 E0 ; zero the extruded lengthG1 Z10 ; lowerG1 E19 F200 ; purge nozzle quicklyG1 E26 F60 ; purge nozzle slowlyG92 E0 ; zero the extruded length againG1 E-5.5 F400 ; retractG1 X190 Z0 F9000 ; pull away filamentG1 X210 F9000 ; wipeG1 Y20 F9000 ; wipeG1 E0 ; feed filament back

And below it, in Post processing "Standard gCode" should be selected.

With respect to the additional information on the display: i don't think there is a way to get this back for files not sliced in Cura / UltiGCode. Eventually it'll start showing a rather inaccurate "time left" bar if i recall correctly. Since i'm printing over a RasPi these days, all I get to see is "USB Printing" anyway.

Maybe TinkerGnome Firmware will give you more/better statistics for files sliced in S3D as well. Haven't tried that yet.

Posted (edited) · Simplify 3D :/

With respect to the additional information on the display: i don't think there is a way to get this back for files not sliced in Cura / UltiGCode. Eventually it'll start showing a rather inaccurate "time left" bar if i recall correctly.  Since i'm printing over a RasPi these days, all I get to see is "USB Printing" anyway.

First: remove this "M907" line at the beginning. That's not needed, better let the motor current at it's default.

You can bring back the estimated printing time with a short post processing script, but there are no placeholders available, it's a completely manual step for every single gcode file.

Just put a line like this in the small box at the bottom of the "scripts" tab:

{PREPEND ";TIME:600\n"}

(replace the value "600" with the estimated printing time in seconds)

It's only an example, but can probably done at the same way for the used material length.

Edit: read this on the Simplify3D user forum, if you want to learn more about this topic.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted (edited) · Simplify 3D :/

@tinkergnome solution is perfect

For metter used check the top corner of i fo s3d gives when you press slice and see the gcode preview, is all there.

5a3321a7b81f4_Capturadepantalla2016-09-24alas0_47_14.thumb.png.370a09956552671a3cf12f2c668a965b.png

At the end of the gcode you have also the info

; Build Summary

; Build time: 0 hours 26 minutes

; Filament length: 2549.3 mm (2.55 m)

; Plastic volume: 6131.82 mm^3 (6.13 cc)

; Plastic weight: 7.66 g (0.02 lb)

; Material cost: 0.34

Using the method described by Tinkergnome you could Replace part of the sequence and translate it to how the Ultimaker wants it, I don't have a fancy Ultimaker 2 screen so I don't know how he shows or reads this part. But I bet you can finish this part and share it with others.

5a3321a7b81f4_Capturadepantalla2016-09-24alas0_47_14.thumb.png.370a09956552671a3cf12f2c668a965b.png

Edited by Guest