Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
rafael

plugin to change speed and temperature?

I imagine something that separate the 3d model in 3 thirds or more from the base to the top. The operator would be able to set different speeds and temperatures in each one of them, the rest of the settings would keep the same.

I also think it would be important that the temperature and speed changes were gradual to not have a bad affect on the print.

Daid,

Is the UlitController continuously checking it's "speed" and modifying it based upon the previous cycle? As in, I was at 140% and even though I'm still showing that, I know that I haven't changed my speed and thus my M220 shall remain S100 or is there another loop it's running? I think I have the plug-in correct while being lazy and just having the user input the percentage, but I have to think that a mm/s input would be easier on the user side, which would require a getValue and comparison (what I'm thinking the UC does?) correct?

Are we looking to have it pause or merely build towards a new target temp? If pause to make sure the temp levels before printing again, do we want/need a wipe area? How many parameters are too many on the plug in? I've got the plugin file available for a simple temp/speed change, but if we are planning a lot of temp changes in a short amount of time, it probably needs to have a pause for the temperature to level before it starts printing, which will result in oozing (tested) and probably will produce the desire for a wipe to try to knock off any oozing. The ooze material is not particularly difficult to remove, but all the same.

No, I understand that, but is it printing while it builds to that temperature okay with you or would we want it to pause printing until that desired temp is met? I guess this would be dependent on how large of a temperature jump we are talking. If we are only bumping it up five or ten degrees and running at that temp for a while then I think we are probably okay allowing it to print while changing temps, but if we are talking about a bigger jump, or only needing a certain temp for a short period of time, a pause would probably be necessary.

rafael,

I have a plugin that I think meets your needs. You can find it at:

https://raw.github.com/smorloc/CuraPlugins/master/TweakAtZ.py

Steve

anybody knows a plugin to change speed and temperature during the print ?

I need quality and dimensional stability only in the final third of my model so i would like to speed up my prints whithout lose quality in this area