plugin to change speed and temperature?

rafael

Posted · plugin to change speed and temperature?

anybody knows a plugin to change speed and temperature during the print ?

I need quality and dimensional stability only in the final third of my model so i would like to speed up my prints whithout lose quality in this area

I think it will be helpful to config the temperature at a specified high like the plugin stop at high, which for example is very useful to fill the object your are printing with sand.

I think it is easy tho change speed and temperature while printing on your own

Would be easy to change the pauseAtZ plugin to do what you want. Just take a look at the code with a text editor.

:? program...? Me?

i took a look at the code, but i dont have level for that. Daid could program that... :D...He is the men!!

Would be a good Cura function !!

thanks to all!!

Would we want it to restart as soon as temp is reached or wait for user input like the pause at height command? I'm inclined to believe the former, but let me know otherwise.

I imagine something that separate the 3d model in 3 thirds or more from the base to the top. The operator would be able to set different speeds and temperatures in each one of them, the rest of the settings would keep the same.

I also think it would be important that the temperature and speed changes were gradual to not have a bad affect on the print.

I'm working on it now rafael, testing the plugin as we speak.

Daid,

Is the UlitController continuously checking it's "speed" and modifying it based upon the previous cycle? As in, I was at 140% and even though I'm still showing that, I know that I haven't changed my speed and thus my M220 shall remain S100 or is there another loop it's running? I think I have the plug-in correct while being lazy and just having the user input the percentage, but I have to think that a mm/s input would be easier on the user side, which would require a getValue and comparison (what I'm thinking the UC does?) correct?

The UltiController and M220 control the same internal value.

Are we looking to have it pause or merely build towards a new target temp? If pause to make sure the temp levels before printing again, do we want/need a wipe area? How many parameters are too many on the plug in? I've got the plugin file available for a simple temp/speed change, but if we are planning a lot of temp changes in a short amount of time, it probably needs to have a pause for the temperature to level before it starts printing, which will result in oozing (tested) and probably will produce the desire for a wipe to try to knock off any oozing. The ooze material is not particularly difficult to remove, but all the same.

sorry perhaps i understand something wrong, but my intention was that the temperature change automatically at a defined hight to a defined new temperature .

To change the temperature manually at a defined hight is right now possible with the plugin stop at high.

No, I understand that, but is it printing while it builds to that temperature okay with you or would we want it to pause printing until that desired temp is met? I guess this would be dependent on how large of a temperature jump we are talking. If we are only bumping it up five or ten degrees and running at that temp for a while then I think we are probably okay allowing it to print while changing temps, but if we are talking about a bigger jump, or only needing a certain temp for a short period of time, a pause would probably be necessary.

rafael,

I have a plugin that I think meets your needs. You can find it at:

https://raw.github.com/smorloc/CuraPlugins/master/TweakAtZ.py

Steve

anybody knows a plugin to change speed and temperature during the print ?

I need quality and dimensional stability only in the final third of my model so i would like to speed up my prints whithout lose quality in this area

Similar approach to what I'm going for, but I ask the user for old and new speeds to keep the units in mm/s. Then I calculate the percentage, rather than having the user do the calculation. I just wanted to be certain that was what everyone would want before I "published" it.

MSURunner,

merely build towards a new target temp and speed! A simple temp/speed change based on the print height... first third, second third and the last one!

i would love to test the file!

https://gist.github.com/4598137

That should download the code for you. Toss a .py extension on it and place it in the Cura plugins folder and it should recognize it... Let me know if it doesn't or if it doesn't do what you want it to do!

wonderful job!

super! Thank you