Move from Paris to Seattle : I am lost with US 3D shop

ultimprint

Posted · Move from Paris to Seattle : I am lost with US 3D shop

Hi,

I move to Seattle recently (with my printer :D) but I didn't found US e-shop with many filament brand and I haven't found something like dimafix in the US :/ Someone in the same case?

++

• Like 1

I've only printed in PLA so far, so I can usually get by with just a (very clean) heated bed at 60 - 70degC. For stubborn prints I may use some gluestick spread to a very thin layer with a damp towel.

If you are printing with ABS or some other material, someone else will need to chime in.

Thank you ;)

Anybody live in seattle?

Welcome to Seattle! I have found filament at Fry's but it was a brand identity never heard of. I mostly stick to using www.matterhackers.com they are in California but shipping is pretty fast. They carry Colorfabb and Ultimaker filaments.

Posted (edited) · Move from Paris to Seattle : I am lost with US 3D shop

What do you use to stick your print?

I have two UM2+ printers and have had a Prusa I3 and a Makerbot Clone.  I have tried virtually every possible technique for print adhesion across those printers.  Interestingly what works on the UM2+ is different than what worked on the Makerbot Clone.  But in any case...

What I have found as my general solution is a spray called 3DLAC.  Until I found this stuff I was using hair spray for PLA and my fallback when that did not work was Klapton tape.  Since I found 3DLAC it is used pretty much exclusively for PLA, Nylon, Co-Polymers, and specialty stuff like Colorfabb XT.   The only thing that I have not gotten great results with is ABS where I still use Klapton tape.  Two other notes on ABS ... I found that I needed to enclose my printers to be able to print ABS and I also find that it helps with some of the other higher temp filaments and I would also recommend an extra glass plate or two so that you can keep one covered in tape if you go that route.

Will

Edited by Guest

I have been using Mitus( http://mitusbrand.com/) brand with good success .

ED

I've been buying my ColorFabb filament from PrintedSolid.com

MatterHacker has some excellent offerings as well.

Seattle is nice...but I am on the opposite, Atlantic coast :)