Cura 12.12 is a great upgrade

billdempsey

Posted · Cura 12.12 is a great upgrade

Hey Daid,

I'm liking Cura 12.12. I particularly love the bed leveling wizard. I stopped using a doubled-over card as a spacer. Your wizard sets it just right. Many thanks!

My future feature wishlist is:

EDIT: Removed 1 & 2 as they are in the current version.

3. Move the expert settings to another tab next to printer settings and advanced settings.

4. Allow us to adjust the Quick Print mode settings and save them.

5. Save all window positions between runs.

EDIT:

6. Also, I'd love to have the option to only run the fan during bridge printing.

7. Adjust the fan speed from Cura while printing.

8. Support for adjusting two fans on the print head. Perhaps this is a change to the main board, not Cura.

Thanks again for a great app!

1. Adjust temperature on the fly while printing.

2. Adjust speed on the fly while printing.

Already basic functions of the ulticontroller

And functions of the USB printing interface. So I'm kinda baffled by those two.

1. Adjust temperature on the fly while printing.

2. Adjust speed on the fly while printing.

Already basic functions of the ulticontroller

I don't use the Ulticontroller, because well, I can't. It's pretty much useless to me.

If this is doable with Cura via USB, then I'm missing it somehow. When I try to adjust the temperature in the print dialog while printing, it always reverts back to the temp shown in settings. I don't see the function for adjusting print speed while printing. If I change it in the settings tabs, it doesn't seem to affect the currently printing object. I just alters the next object I prepare.

6. Also, I'd love to have the option to only run the fan during bridge printing.

OK - I'm a dork. I had tried that over and over under 12.11 and it didn't change anything. I just tried adjusting the speed and temperature from the print dialog under 12.12 and it works!

So, cancel 1 & 2 on my list. I was basing it on my 12.11 experience before I upgraded to 12.12 yesterday.

did command line change again :(

Sorry I feel like an idiot. I tried figuring out this one based on the last help but I can't get command line cura to slice.

pypy.exe cura.py -i blabla.ini -s file.stl

even if I try

pypy.exe cura.py -h

That used to gimme options with 12.11

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "app_main.py", line 51, in run_toplevel

File "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\Software\Cura\Cura\cura.py", line 15, in

from Cura.util import profile

ImportError: No module named Cura

You need to run Cura with "python -m Cura.cura" now, this is more pythonish, and solved a few coding issues.

awesome thank you! Except I'm borderline retarted so I need it spelled out for me. I understand whats happening but with what I have set up I'm not sure how to do this. My command line looks like this:

"Z:\Projects\Prototypes\Software\Cura\pypy\pypy.exe" "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\Software\Cura\Cura\cura.py" -i "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\PrintQueue\Cura.ini" -s "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\PrintQueue\Pyramid2x10.stl"

Now with the new way I'm not sure where to put the "-m Cura.cura" and whether or not to use pypy.exe anymore as you mention Python -m Cura.cura

Can you elaborate a little more on what I have there?

I'm actually launching this command line from within python. Is there a better way for me to do this?

Ah, you want to slice from the commandline.

Best way to handle that would be:

cd "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\Software\Cura\"pypy/pypy.exe -m Cura.cura -i "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\PrintQueue\Cura.ini" -s "Z:\Projects\Prototypes\PrintQueue\Pyramid2x10.stl"

On the bad news side, this will change again for the next release :p (then it will be -m Cura.slice)

I'm totally ok with it changing as long as it still works and you don't mind me asking every update! :D

i've had cura 12a now since it came out and its been refusing to print anyhting. i'm switching back to 11.

When trying to open a Gcode made in 12a. is says its invalid every time. Really fustrating.