Inside the Ultimaker 3 - Day 3 - Remote access (part 2)

Daid

Posted · Inside the Ultimaker 3 - Day 3 - Remote access (part 2)

Daid hasn't posted here in years but who knows.  I seem to remember you have to enable it first?  I've never tried to use this REST API.

I have used a utility on the printer and there you have to enable it before you can set the temperature.  Use ssh to log into the printer with username "ultimaker" (not root for this tool!) and password "ultimaker".  That does not give you a linux prompt but instead a handy tool.  Then you can type I think "list" (or maybe "help") and it shows all the things you can modify and you can get more and more help as you go deeper into the commands.  I suspect those will match up somewhat with the API above.

What tool did you use above?  Is that swagger?

Hi @gr5 I used the Swagger API.

The bed heating works along with other API requests... just have the following issues

Request URL

http://<IP>/api/v1/auth/verif

it shows okay with the generated ID and KEY

however if I use the GET /auth/verify

with 

curl -X GET --header 'Accept: application/json' 'http://<IP>/api/v1/auth/verify' using cmd it shows {"message": "Authorization required."}

Additionally as I mentioned previously

I can not change the temperature using 

Curl

curl -X PUT --header 'Content-Type: multipart/form-data' --header 'Accept: application/json' -F temperature=250  'http://<IP>/

Let me know how to solve this

Thank you

ABD

I'm away from my S5 for a few days.  Did you try the ultimaker/ultimaker account and the LIST command?  That might help you find the option that enables.

In fact to prove I'm right, set the temperature manually on the printer and then your command above should work.

My point is that I seem to remember that there is some kind of command to "unlock" the ability to heat up the nozzles.  It is discussed on this forum somewhere. I think it was posted by @robinmdh.  I'll google.

Okay - I just ran across this:

Which tells you how to list out all the features.  Somewhere in there I predict something that unlocks the use of turning on the nozzle heat or some such thing.  Some kind of enable or unlock or something.  You'll probably have to read each feature one at a time.

There's some discussion of using the "auth" feature starting in this post: