need to buy a battery backup but not sure what specs?

DGTalic

Posted · need to buy a battery backup but not sure what specs?

Hi, I need to buy a battery backup for my UM2 Extended+ but haven't been able to find the specification of the machine. The link is broken in the support site. Does anyone know what spces should the battery backup have? Many thanks.

I'm not the right person to answer that question as I have no experience with that type of setup. But, those that do will probably also want to know for how long the printer needs to be able to run without power?

Do bear in mind, most low end UPS' have a changeover time. I've measured this across a few units with an oscilloscope and have found that the nasty "modified sine wave" (square wave to you and me) doesn't properly kick in for 15ms in some cases.

If you really have a concern about this, look up a "duel conversion" UPS. They are always outputting from their inverter (and most output a proper sine wave). So when there's a blackout or brownout, the supply is never lost.

Then it's just a case of sizing one for your printer.

CJ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies