Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
melkolo

Ultimaker 3 assembly Not Complete

Just received my UM3 When laying it on it's side per instructions to install the spool post (plug it into the bottom a couple of screw rolled out from under the build table. As I stood it upright more screws rolled out a total of 5 screws and the table itself it very loose. Not a happy camper. As anyone else experienced this? Not having a assembly manual it looks likes a some major disassembling is required to get to where these screws need to go...being the weekend all I can do is look at the machine. I'm hoping the re seller will swap /exchange the unit....

Hi.

Like this its hard to tell whats going wrong do you feel like something is loose?

I would advise to contact the reseller to swap the unit or to see how to fix it yourself if it's just some screws it should be quite easy.

Strange that it passed quality control because this is something that is usually checked.

• Like 1

I've unpacked and checked a few hundred UM2s and I've never found a screw loose inside the machine. I have however found nuts a few times which I assume someone dropped accidentally during assembly (never found a missing one on the actual machine). This is worrying to say the least. It would be interesting to know what type of screws it was.

My original thought was it was an extra screw left behind but the more I moved the unit around more screws appeared. Again total of 5...the table is very very loose. Not worthy / capable of printing. I shot a short video with my iphone, not sure how to post it here....any suggestions?

Hello All

Quick update, Erin from fbrc8 support saw my email I sent out late Friday at home, she took time out of her Saturday and went to the office and called me. She couldn't believe some of the pictures. Long story short after seeing the pics she walked me though how to access where the screws that were loose and reinstall them. Took about an hour. Thanks to Erin I'm up and running. Great support effort from fbrc8...

• Like 5