Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
sanzana

What Is The Best Low Budget Printer kit?

Hi all,

I am newbie. I hope all you are doing good in your field. I also want to know you. Keep share your thoughts and also I need advice. I am going to buy a new printer. So give me a best suggestion which 3D cheap printer kit I should buy? I found some option DIY 3D PRINTER KITS, CoLiDo DIY Printer from https://3dforged.com/best-diy-3d-printer-kits I but cant understand. Does anyone use it? Please share your opinion.

Thanks

It depends on how low quality you are willing to go and how much money you are willing to spend. For me, it would probably be the prusa i3. But maybe that's too expensive for you. I wouldn't want quality any worse than that machine and I think it's the best deal for that level of quality. If you want to spend a bit more then of course go for the UMO.

Even better, get a used printer. The price is lower and the quality is better.

Recommend to get a 3d printer that is used, if your not going for one of the most cheap 3d printers that is to say. I would look closer to the specs that you have as minimum requirement and check prices. I've had read a lot about 3d-printers on alla3dskrivare, site is in Swedish so I would recommend you check around https://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide for more information about good 3d printers.

I think it would be a good idea to have a test part printed on various machines, via a 3d-hub service, or via hobby clubs in your environment, and see which models deliver the quality you want.

Instead of buying a cheap assembled model, you could also consider buying a do-it-yourself kit. This will generally give you a bigger and better printer for the same amount of money. But this only works if you have enough technical insight to assemble it yourself, of course. If you are not confident in assembling such a complex thing, it could become a nightmare.

Recommend to get a 3d printer that is used, if your not going for one of the most cheap 3d printers that is to say. I would look closer to the specs that you have as minimum requirement and check prices. I've had read a lot about 3d-printers on alla3dskrivare, site is in Swedish so I would recommend you check around https://www.3dprintmanual.com/best-cheap-3d-printers/ for more information about good 3d printers.