Ultimaker 3 runtime stats

Remy

Posted · Ultimaker 3 runtime stats

I could just be missing something (usually glaringly obvious in my case :p) but I have not been able to determine how/if the printer still logs runtime stats and how to access if so. On UM2/+ models it was under MAINTENANCE > ADVANCED but there appears to be no comparable option in the new UM3 menu.

Any thoughts? Am I just missing something right in front of my face? :)

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 runtime stats

It's on the Testing firmware. Don't use it since has a bed z bug. So probably next stable release will show you that info. You will be able to see how many print hours for each core and the max temp used on each one.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 3

It's on the Testing firmware. Don't use it since has a bed z bug. So probably next stable release will show you that info. You will be able to see how many print hours for each core and the max temp used on each one.

@neotko for the win! This is exactly the info I was looking for, thank you!

• Like 1

We even have room on the core eeprom to store how much filament was printed with it.

• Like 2

We even have room on the core eeprom to store how much filament was printed with it.

True forgot to add that. It says the meters used too.

True forgot to add that. It says the meters used too.

That would be awesome info to have.

Is there any data yet on how long the cores are supposed to last? E.g. XX:XX hours printing or X material extruded?

If so, it would be extra nice if the core reported this to the printer so Cura or the printer's LCD could remind the user that it's about time to change out the core.

Is there any data yet on how long the cores are supposed to last? E.g. XX:XX hours printing or X material extruded?

I don't have exact data, because it also depends on the kind of material. I've had some discussions with the embedded guys about adding a "abrasiveness factor" to materials so we can correctly track this (eg; If you print 10 hours with PLA you lose 10 points, but with bronze fill, you lose 100 points). This way we should be able to tell you how much % of the nozzle is "used up"

• Like 1

is that going to be the exactly extruded length or what Cura estimated it to be?

So what if you cancelled a big print is the whole size in the calculation, or the used length?

is that going to be the exactly extruded length or what Cura estimated it to be?

So what if you cancelled a big print is the whole size in the calculation, or the used length?

Don't pin me down on it, but I think it's what the feeder tried to push through it (aka; What the machine thinks was extruded).

• Like 1

Has there been any progress made on getting the metrics off of the print cores?

I'm not seeing anything in the WEB API of our machine that would give me how many hours or how much material has been ran through our cores.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3 runtime stats

Has there been any progress made on getting the metrics off of the print cores?

I'm not seeing anything in the WEB API of our machine that would give me how many hours or how much material has been ran through our cores.

Actually there is. From the WEB API: http:///docs/api/#!/Printer/get_printer_heads_head_id

It shows you the totals. So no print time per material or even more sophisticated.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the response.

Doesn't seem to be correct, I'm still running the v1 API. When I go to the /get_printer_heads_head_id using the Swagger interface in my browser there is a required input for head_id of long data type. I have tried many things there but the only thing that returns anything is 0. What is returned appears to be the same thing as if I was to just to go /get_print_heads

I have looked through the response and don't see anything in regards to how long the head has been hot, it's serial number, and amount of material extruded. I found this:

"hotend": {

"id": "AA 0.4",

"offset": {

"state": "valid",

"x": 0,

"y": 0,

"z": 0

},

"temperature": {

"current": 196.8,

"target": 200

}

}

Note, the id field returns a string value, and if I have two AA cores installed to do a multicolored print as I am now they both do return AA. I feel as though the id is returning the type of head, not the actual ID of the head.

Hey! Cool the new firmware did update this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Enjoy :)