Sneak peek at the next version

Daid

Posted · Sneak peek at the next version

It shows the object size when you are in scaling mode :-)

In the other news, there will also be a linux debian package available. (I just build it and had someone test it)

I love the new interface! Awesome work Daid!

Hey Daid,

Tried to PM, but the new forum seems to dislike PM's :( Haha, anyhow, if you figure that out or shoot me an email, I can get you some info.

When? :)

-joe

My hands are tight by support&marketing who first want to create a proper blog post and some video showoff for the new version. But I have posted the linux .deb link because that solves a lot of the linux install problems for Ubuntu users.

Hi Daid,

I saw a presentation of the new Cura Version at CeBIT last week. Features and the look and feel are great.

Thanks for the great work!!!

Erik told me it would eventually be available this monday. But I can't find it anywhere.

Am I blind or is the new version not released yet?

- cb0

It's not out yet. It has gone "gold" as they call it. I can send you a copy by PM if you want.

Should be out really soon, we just need to finish some screencasts and change lists. As there is also a newer version of firmware included, we also want to highlight and show those changes.

Thanks for the info!

No hurry with it ... but it would be great to test the version with my UM. :-P

So if you find the time to send me a PM I'll be very thankful.

I'm looking forward to see the official change list and read about all the great new features you created!

Until then ... happy coding :rolleyes:

When do you plan to release the next version, Daid?

nice interface

cant wait to test that

Hi Daid,

I am quite new to both Cura and the Ultimaker, but when i tried version 12.12, I had memory issues with calculating large prints and got an memory error. Windows 7-64bit with 6GB.

Is this stil an issue with this new release, or has it been solved?

Keep up the great work

I can't wait. I hope I can at least get it to connect to my printer (Gen6 electronics) If not I will go ahead and change out to my Ramps, I just had other things to do than that right now. :)

Excuse me Daid,

Where is the .deb link you talk about ? Because I have indeed a lot of problems under Linux 64bits....

thanks,

nico

13.03 will not solve the memory issue for windows (sadly enough), unless the pypy project comes with a 64bit windows version this will remain like this for a while.

I am working on a new slicer, from scratch, and making good progress in getting up to "Skeinforge" compatibility feature wise. I shall post my progress in another topic a bit later on.

The Ubuntu deb can be found at: http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura-13.03-debian.deb