Extra part 1211

vincentbaas

Posted · Extra part 1211

Hi everyone,

I just received my first Ultimaker Original+. When unpacking the box I checked if everything was complete and I found an extra bag of parts (see picture below) that was not listed in the manual. I found it listed on the Ultimaker 2 parts list. Just to be sure: can I disregard this part when building my Original+?

IMG_1617.thumb.JPG.ebb4aea5207833e1f3ab02c494c5e8c8.JPG

Posted · Extra part 1211

As long as the small screws like that for your pulleys are there, you should be fine. I would check also all the other parts just in case so if there's a missing part you can talk to your reseller.

Posted · Extra part 1211

Enjoy building your Ultimaker Original+! I'll never forgot when I build it and it starts moving and printing for the first time.

Will it be your first 3D printer?

Thanks, it's my first printer indeed! About halfway done now I think, really looking forward to turning it on :D

• Like 1

Posted · Extra part 1211

Thanks, it's my first printer indeed! About halfway done now I think, really looking forward to turning it on :D

When I built mine ~6 months ago, I think there was an earlier version of the assembly instructions that said to replace the setscrews in the pulleys with the ones in the bag. Maybe it's different now, but you should check to see if the setscrews are the same. The ones that came with the pulleys may be a different material (hardened steel instead of stainless, for example) and may have a different tip shape (cup point versus flat tip).

If you have already installed them, you should be fine, but otherwise you may want to consider using the ones that came in the bag. In any case, tighten them really well--I mean about as tight as you can with the 2mm hex driver. I just had a shifted print error because one of the pulleys came loose.

Posted · Extra part 1211

If you have already installed them, you should be fine, but otherwise you may want to consider using the ones that came in the bag.  In any case, tighten them really well--I mean about as tight as you can with the 2mm hex driver.  I just had a shifted print error because one of the pulleys came loose.

I have already installed the pullies, but I switched the set screws anyway (with some difficulties reaching them). Now still some difficulties with the print head movement, but the set screw issue is resolved. Thanks!

Posted · Extra part 1211

What is the difficulty in movement? Perhaps you need to align the rods that go through the printhead, so they make a perfect cross. And the belts should run aligned with the rods.

Good luck!

Posted · Extra part 1211

I also had a small issue where one of the shaft endcaps (the small piece of wood with 2 screws that keeps the shaft in the frame) was rubbing on the shaft and preventing it from turning easily. I resolved that by adding washers to space the endcap away from the frame to give the shaft some clearance to turn. If one or more shafts is difficult to rotate, you might check that.