Too much retraction at the end ultimaker 2+

taza

Posted (edited) · Too much retraction at the end ultimaker 2+

Hi

We have 2 ultimakers, one being a 2 and the other a 2+

When a print has finished on the 2+, it retracts too much, so before I can start a new print, I have to go into the menu to 'move material' under the advance settings to move it, otherwise material doesn't flow at the start of the print.

Is there a way of sorting this?

It didn't happen when we first got it, but it has been happening for a few months. I have tried swapping the memory cards over and it is just the 2+, so I can only assume it is the firmware?

I have tried changing the firmware with no luck

Edited by Guest

Posted · Too much retraction at the end ultimaker 2+

did you update firmware and the problem is still there? or did you not manage to update the firmware?

Apart from this your print quality good?

In the mean time (not a solution but helpful anyhow) you can much quicker push the material in manually by just pulling the lever on the feeder and pushing in the filament by hand.

I always change material manually..... this thing is helpful;

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/wedgebot-for-ultimaker2

Thanks for pointing that out krys. All 3 of his posts were copies of other people's posts and all 3 had a link to his website. He is banned.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Too much retraction at the end ultimaker 2+

I have tried updating the firmware, but it still happens.

the print quality is fine.

krys & gr5? has someone copied my post? can't see on that link

Edited by Guest

From what Gr5 said, yes, someone was copying other peoples posts (including yours here) and adding a link back to their site. I happen to notice 2 posts with almost identical wording so I asked. Gr5 said the other person is now banned.

Glad to hear your post is an original! :)

Also, I agree with SyntaxTerror. You need to factory reset your printer after replacing the firmware or weird stuff happens. Happened to me! But: a) Your print time stats are preserved, so fear not, and b) you should take out your filament first and the printer will do the brand new first time start up routine again.

Anyway, good luck! :)

We get a lot of spammers on here. The moderators take care of it so that you rarely can see any of them. They are usually blatant. I deleted 10 pages of spam today. the spammers don't realize that their posts are never visible to anyone other than moderators so they think they are successful. I'm hoping that will change soon.

Sander has often joked that maybe we should allow the spam and Ultimaker should start selling penis enlargement pills. :O:p

Anyway that one guy got through. He copied 3 posts somewhat randomly and changed a few words. It's extra annoying because I tried to help the guy with his question. Thanks to krys for noticing.

Sander has often joked that maybe we should allow the spam and Ultimaker should start selling penis enlargement pills. :O:p

Brilliant idea.

Anyway I will try what has been suggested and let you know how I get on

ok, so I reinstalled the firmware using the latest cura, then did a factory reset, seems ok now

thanks

Yeah, I figured. Always factory reset after messing with the firmware. Not doing so seems to invite those mindboggling issues.

lets reignite this thread.

It didn't last long at all which is weird. Still having the same problem

Which problem? Too much retraction?