Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kmanstudios

Limit nozzle wipe on prime tower at last nozzle change

I am new to this, so I am not sure where the answer may be. But I noticed on a print I am doing right now that the nozzle goes to the prime tower at every layer whether it is changing nozzles or not. Got a bunch of layers on top of the supports, and nothing but one material left, but it still goes to the prime tower at every level. A big waste of time and filament.

Am I missing something? I did just download 2.4 beta...in there maybe?

Along the same line of thought, is there a way to stop printing the priming tower in Cura 2.X on the UM3 at a specified layer? For instance I would like to stop printing the priming tower at say layer 30 of a particular model because there is no need for additional support, nor the tower, above that point where the support ends when support is set to "touching build plate" Printing the tower all the way to the top of the part often doubles the build time, and needlessly wastes PLA build material.