UM3+ difficult to peel of the brim .

forkosh

Posted · UM3+ difficult to peel of the brim .

Yup a brim disadvantage. To manage this I would suggest

1. Put a filet around the bottom surface

2. Buy a good quality modelling knife, useful if you have a compete wall you need to cut away; and a good set of jewellers files - probable cost 30-50 eu

3. Learn how to use a file - it will be on the internet somewhere or ask a jeweller

Yup a brim disadvantage. To manage this I would suggest

1. Put a filet around the bottom surface

2. Buy a good quality modelling knife, useful if you have a compete wall you need to cut away; and a good set of jewellers files - probable cost 30-50 eu

3. Learn how to use a file - it will be on the internet somewhere or ask a jeweller

In addition: there are also special deburring tools (not very expensive).

No recommendation, only two examples to illustrate how it looks like:

http://www.vargus.com/shaviv/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PIECE-DEBURRING-TOOL-SET-E-2001-0222-/232218419743

Like ultiarjan said: no brim.

I always print this sort of models without brim, raft, "ears", or whatever. Even for solid models. You could use dilluted wood glue for most materials, or my "salt method" (=gently wipe the glass plate with a tissue moistend with salt water) for PLA. Reducing fan speed or switching them off may also help for some materials (eg. PET).