Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mozzarella2

I keep getting segfaults when running cura

Alright, so here's the thing. I have always experienced segfaults when *closing* cura, but that wasn't too bad because… well, I was closing it anyway. But now I experience segfaults when *launching* cura, which is a bit troublesome. The weird part is that I haven't updated cura since the change. I believe some system updates have made the segfaults happen earlier.

I am running cura 2.4 on fedora 25, using the AppImage files. My friends in #fedora on freenode have said that they do not experience segfaults, even though they are using the same OS and same AppImage file. Can someone help me troubleshoot this thing? I really liked cura and I don't want to use some other slicer.

Hi,

I have the same issue happening...

I have a laptop and desktop both running fedora25 ,

Cura 2.4 appimage is working fine on laptop

But crashes on start on the desktop when creating the window (after the splash screen)... a segfault.

I can help troubleshooting if necessary, just let me know what to do.

Thanks and regards

I had the same problem on Devuan Linux (latest Ascii release). Unfortunately, the libglvnd-devel library doesn't exist on that distribution and, because I had installed the latest Nvidia drivers directly, the equivalent packages didn't work either.

I found the source code for the library on GitHub: https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd

I then followed the instructions to download and build. I then had to run "sudo make install" to install the new libraries.

With that done, Cura starts and runs nicely.